The German-trained filly Paita headed Yehudi inside the final 100 yards and edged away to win the $259,320 Criterium de Saint-Cloud (Fr-I) for 2-year-olds Saturday.
Trainer Andreas Schultz won Hamburg's German Oaks (Ger-I) for the third time in a row Sunday when Amarette, making just her third career start, held off America-bound La Ina and Saldentigerin in a driving finish.
Stiftung Gestut Fahrhof's Sabiango earned a half-length win over Boreal in Sunday's Credit Suisse Private Banking Pokal (Ger-I) at Cologne as Godolphin's Mutafaweq disappointed on the soft turf at the German track.
Gestut Fahrhof's homebred 5-year-old Silvano held favored Jim and Tonic at bay in the stretch to earn a 1 3/4-length win in Sunday's Audemars Piguet Queen Elizabeth II Cup (HK-I) at Sha Tin. Indigenous finished third, 1 1/2 lengths behind Jim and Tonic.
Most Popular Stories
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Red Rifle Aims to Repeat in Dominion Day
- Legends: Charlie Whittingham, the Bald Eagle
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- Morris to Ride Mongolian Saturday in July Cup
- TAA Ready to Assist With Abandoned Horses
- Regulators Consider Out-of-Competition Rule
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Six Neglected Horses Cleared to Leave Farm
- Zenyatta Bottle to Benefit Old Friends