The German-trained filly Paita headed Yehudi inside the final 100 yards and edged away to win the $259,320 Criterium de Saint-Cloud (Fr-I) for 2-year-olds Saturday.
Trainer Andreas Schultz won Hamburg's German Oaks (Ger-I) for the third time in a row Sunday when Amarette, making just her third career start, held off America-bound La Ina and Saldentigerin in a driving finish.
Stiftung Gestut Fahrhof's Sabiango earned a half-length win over Boreal in Sunday's Credit Suisse Private Banking Pokal (Ger-I) at Cologne as Godolphin's Mutafaweq disappointed on the soft turf at the German track.
Gestut Fahrhof's homebred 5-year-old Silvano held favored Jim and Tonic at bay in the stretch to earn a 1 3/4-length win in Sunday's Audemars Piguet Queen Elizabeth II Cup (HK-I) at Sha Tin. Indigenous finished third, 1 1/2 lengths behind Jim and Tonic.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Smooth in Six Furlong Work
- Mshawish Tops Taylor Made Roster, For Now
- Orb Colt Tops Fasig-Tipton Second Session
- Handy Work at Remington for Texas Chrome
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Twilight Son to Cheveley Park in 2017
- No Raise for NYRA Discretionary Spending
- Malibu Moon, Tapit Colts Could Shine at F-T
- Arc Winner Found Could Run in BC Classic