The Carl Nafzger-trained Lady Joanne heads a field of nine in the $150,000-added Dogwood Breeders' Cup (gr. III) for 3-year-old fillies as Churchill Downs offers a stakes trio on its Saturday racing program.
Jockey Calvin Borel gave Silverinyourpocket one of his patented rail-skimming rides to upset the La Troienne (gr. II) on the Kentucky Derby undercard at Churchill Downs Saturday.
Making her first start since a third-place finish in the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I), Dogwood Stable's Cotton Blossom was too much to handle in the $200,000 Florida Oaks at Tampa Bay Downs Saturday.
A field of eight fillies, including grade III winner Cotton Blossom, will take the gate for the March 17 $200,000 Florida Oaks, going 1 1/16 miles at Tampa Bay Downs.
Frank Calabrese's Eclipse winner Dreaming of Anna will attempt to rebound from the first loss of her career two weeks ago when she faces eight rivals in Sunday's $100,000 Gaily Gaily Stakes for 3-year-old fillies at Gulfstream Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Sharp: Girvin Still on Track for Kentucky Derby
- Saez to Ride J Boys Echo in Kentucky Derby
- Look Back: Justakiss, Ole Liz Win Divisions of Bewitch
- Syndergaard to Make 2017 Debut in William Walker
- Stewart to Train, Manage Latest Churchill Racing Club
- Derby, Oaks Notes From Churchill Downs, April 26
- High-Profile Owners Team Up to Buy Expensive Colt
- Multiple Grade 1 Winner I'm a Chatterbox Retired
- Private Zone Retired to Old Friends
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - April 25, 2017