The Carl Nafzger-trained Lady Joanne heads a field of nine in the $150,000-added Dogwood Breeders' Cup (gr. III) for 3-year-old fillies as Churchill Downs offers a stakes trio on its Saturday racing program.
Jockey Calvin Borel gave Silverinyourpocket one of his patented rail-skimming rides to upset the La Troienne (gr. II) on the Kentucky Derby undercard at Churchill Downs Saturday.
Making her first start since a third-place finish in the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I), Dogwood Stable's Cotton Blossom was too much to handle in the $200,000 Florida Oaks at Tampa Bay Downs Saturday.
A field of eight fillies, including grade III winner Cotton Blossom, will take the gate for the March 17 $200,000 Florida Oaks, going 1 1/16 miles at Tampa Bay Downs.
Frank Calabrese's Eclipse winner Dreaming of Anna will attempt to rebound from the first loss of her career two weeks ago when she faces eight rivals in Sunday's $100,000 Gaily Gaily Stakes for 3-year-old fillies at Gulfstream Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Untrapped Aims for First Stakes win in Ohio Derby
- Neolithic Back Galloping After Respiratory Illness
- Litfin at Large: Class Horses Figure in Ohio Derby
- Disco Rico and His Record-Setting Son Disco Partner
- Kitasan Black Faces 10 in Takarazuka Kinen
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture
- Kentucky Derby Starters Reunite in Ohio Derby
- The Player to Return on Churchill's Closing Night