Fortunate Prospect, a top sprinter and broodmare sire, was euthanized due to complications of old age March 15 at Old Friends Thoroughbred Retirement Center in Georgetown, Ky.
Suave Prospect, who has sired 29 stakes horses, is being relocated to Steve Prather's Doubletree Farm near Hobbs, N.M. His fee is $4,000.
Suave Prospect, who has sired 26 stakes horses, has been relocated to Vern Hrycuik and John Vanderligt's farm near Wanham, Alberta, Canada.
Suave Prospect, second on this year's New Mexico sires list, has been moved to A & A Ranch near Anthony, N.M., and will stand for $3,500.
The veteran mare Umpateedle, making the 52nd start of her career, outfought favored Smokey Glacken in an exciting stretch-long duel and eked out a nose victory in the $150,000 Gallant Bloom Handicap (gr. II) for fillies and mares at Belmont Park Sunday.
Graded stakes winner Suave Prospect has been acquired by Chris and Barbara Coleman for stallion duty at their Coleman Farms near Farmington, N.M.
Michael Gill's Umpateedle drove clear in the final furlong to win the $200,000 Endine Handicap (gr. III) for sprinting fillies and mares at Delaware Park Saturday.
Michael H. Sherman's favored Elegant Designer and jockey Mario Pino came with a late surge to collar Virgin Voyage and then held off that one's stablemate, Xtra Heart, by head to win Saturday's $81,450 Busher Stakes for 3-year-old fillies at 1 1/16 mile.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- American Gal, Union Strike Meet in Starlet
- Resilient Humor Debut Winner for Sassy Image
- Retired Valet Ward Dies in Kentucky
- Trainer Brown Gearing Up for Gulfstream
- A Look Back at A.P. Indy's Hollywood Futurity
- Aqueduct Announcers Bring Youth, Experience
- Promising Mastery Heads Los Al Futurity Field
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic