Most Welcome, an English group II winner and sire of champions, was euthanized in Sweden because of a fractured pastern.
Suances, a French champion miler at 3 and a California grade II winner, came through with his first winner Sept. 25 at Oak Tree at Santa Anita
Suances, a French champion miler and California grade II winner, will stand in 2008 at Rancho Temescal near Piru, Calif.
Cardiff Stud Farm is offering a deal in which the first 20 owners who breed their approved mares to French champion Suances will receive a $1,000 cash reward when the mare produces a live foal.
An abscess caused by a stone bruise has knocked Key Lory out of Saturday's $500,000 United Nation's Handicap (gr. IT) at Monmouth Park, trainer Dennis Manning reported Friday.
Denon, Suances, and With Anticipation lead the list of probables for Saturday's race.
Brief recaps of Saturday stakes races from around America.
Refusing an opportunity to predict or boast, trainer Darrell Vienna coyly and simply said he would let Suances do the talking. A few days later, on June 15 at Lone Star Park, Suances rushed to the podium and delivered an eloquent speech in the $250,000 Dallas Turf Cup Handicap.
There were only four horses entered in Saturday's $216,250 San Francisco Breeders' Cup Mile Handicap (gr. IIT) and they each finished just over a length apart, with Suances holding on to win the Bay Meadows feature over favored Decarchy.
Aury and Ralph Todd's The Tin Man will seek his fourth straight win when he faces three rivals in Saturday's $250,000 San Francisco Breeders' Cup Mile Handicap (gr. IIT) at Bay Meadows.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Impressive in Workout
- 2-Year-Olds Prep for Barretts Del Mar Sale
- Winning Crown Connections Feel It's Time
- War Story to Skip Belmont, Head to Ohio Derby
- Untapable Works Toward Ogden Phipps Stakes
- American Pharoah 'Went Great' in Slop at CD
- NBC Sports Commentators on 'Night School'
- KEDRC Makes Cobalt Policy Recommendation
- NY Begins Weekly Track Information Reports
- 'Win and You're In' Spot for Ordak Dan