The Thoroughbred Corp. is finished as a racing operation, according to its president, Richard Mulhall.
Stylish, with leading jockey John Velazquez riding, won her third straight with a surprising burst in the home stretch of the $200,000 Ballston Spa Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Saratoga Race Course Saturday.
The favorites for Saturday's $150,000-added Early Times Mint Julep Handicap (gr. III) at Churchill Downs should have no problem in finding each other during the running of the 1 1/16-mile grass test.
Calder Racing Secretary Bob Umphrey has assigned Moyglare Farm's 4-year-old Irish-bred filly Dress To Thrill topweight of 122 pounds for Saturday's $150,000 Calder Breeders' Cup Handicap for fillies and mares at 1 1/16 miles on turf.
Babae and jockey Jorge Chavez wore down pacesetter Platinum Tiara before drawing off to a three-length win in the $150,000 Violet Handicap (gr. IIIT) at the Meadowlands on Friday night.
The Violet Handicap (gr. IIIT) at the Meadowlands Friday night has drawn an overflow field of 16 to compete in the 1 1/16-mile turf event for fillies and mares, 3-years-old and upward.
Jerry Bailey won his second consecutive stakes on the Kentucky Derby Day card, winning the Citgo Distaff Turf Mile (gr. IIIT) aboard Stylish. In the previous race, he won the Three Chimneys Juvenile aboard Holiday Runner.
Most Popular Stories
- Gun Runner Powers to Easy Stephen Foster Win
- Paco Lopez Sent to Hospital After Paddock Accident
- McCraken Back to His Old Self in Matt Winn
- Heavy Rain Forces Belmont Park Cancellation
- Forever Unbridled Makes Triumphant Return
- Sircat Sally Remains Undefeated With Honeymoon Win
- Kasaqui Ends Six-Race Skid With Decisive Wise Dan Score
- Faypien Edges Mopotism in Summertime Oaks
- Monmouth Park Bans Shipping to Suffolk Downs
- Unique Bella Nears Return to Training