The Jockey Club has called on leading industry organizations to come together to conduct a Salix study that would examine the timing of administration on the medication used to prevent exercise-induced pulmonary hemorrhage.
The preliminary findings of a study involving results from endoscopic throat examinations at New Zealand Thoroughbred auctions has provided conclusive evidence to support the current post-sale endoscopy grading system.
The horse industry in the United States contributes $39 billion in direct economic impact and generates about $102 billion in total spending, according to a detailed economic impact study released June 28.
The release of what is being called the most comprehensive study ever done on the horse industry in the United States will be released June 28 in Washington, D.C.
The American Horse Council said about 160,000 postcard invitations have been distributed asking people to participate in the update of the national economic impact study of the horse industry.
An industry-funded study concludes that video lottery terminals in New York will not only save racetracks, but pump at least $1 billion into the state's coffers to support education.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome is Vox Populi Award Winner
- Leave the Light On for Storm Cat
- WV Racing Struggles With Plan for Stability
- Researchers Study Near-, Farsightedness in Horses
- Two IL Tracks File for Bankruptcy Protection
- Undefeated Dortmund Wasn't Always So Popular
- British Racing Undertakes Education Program
- Lukas Pointing 'Brandi' to Kentucky Oaks
- Baffert Quartet Faces Shared Belief in Malibu
- Secret Circle Aims for Season-Ending Win