The preliminary findings of a study involving results from endoscopic throat examinations at New Zealand Thoroughbred auctions has provided conclusive evidence to support the current post-sale endoscopy grading system.
The horse industry in the United States contributes $39 billion in direct economic impact and generates about $102 billion in total spending, according to a detailed economic impact study released June 28.
The release of what is being called the most comprehensive study ever done on the horse industry in the United States will be released June 28 in Washington, D.C.
The American Horse Council said about 160,000 postcard invitations have been distributed asking people to participate in the update of the national economic impact study of the horse industry.
An industry-funded study concludes that video lottery terminals in New York will not only save racetracks, but pump at least $1 billion into the state's coffers to support education.
Most Popular Stories
- Dude! Imperative Shocks Charles Town Classic
- Cairo Prince Injured, Out of Kentucky Derby
- Featured Horse Profile: Frac Daddy
- Dynamic Impact Nabs 'Hawk in Illinois Derby
- Kentucky Derby Stars Come Out at Keeneland
- Kid Cruz Wins Tesio, Enters Preakness Picture
- Reddam's Bond Holder Succumbs to Laminitis
- California Chrome Cruises at Los Alamitos
- 'Bea' Changes Tactics, Captures Sugar Maple
- Mr Speaker Takes Down Coolmore Lexington