Calumet Farm has listed stud fees for three new stallions scheduled to spend the 2013 breeding season at the historic Thoroughbred operation near Lexington.
Zayat Stables' leading 3-year-old Bodemeister, winner of the Arkansas Derby, will stand stud at WinStar Farm at the conclusion of his racing career, WinStar announced June 28.
A.P. Indy and one of his sons, Bernardini, were among the top commercial sires last year as A.P. Indy's stud career was coming to an end read blog
Smarty Jones, who missed a few days at the beginning of the breeding season, has covered 31 mares and six of the first seven checked are in foal.
Flame Thrower will stand at Robert Slack's Stoneriggs Farm near Ocala, Fla. He will stand for $8,500 with a live foal guarantee.
Darley Stud's group I winner Saratoga Springs will enter stud next year at Haras du Mezeray in France.
Irish-based Coolmore has a tentative agreement to purchase Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner Fusaichi Pegasus for stud duty, beginning in 2001.
Most Popular Stories
- Suffolk Downs Loses Casino Bid on 3-1 Vote
- Injury Forces Sea The Moon's Retirement
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- What's Going On Here: Solid at the Core
- 'Gold Hopes to Keep Churchill Record Intact
- Keeping Pace: Galileo Proving Up to Challenge
- Slideshow: The Week in Photos for 09/16/2014
- Curlin Colt Tops Strong Keeneland Session
- Flashback Retired to Stand at Hill 'n' Dale
- Fast Anna Gets Class Relief in Gallant Bob