Calumet Farm has listed stud fees for three new stallions scheduled to spend the 2013 breeding season at the historic Thoroughbred operation near Lexington.
Zayat Stables' leading 3-year-old Bodemeister, winner of the Arkansas Derby, will stand stud at WinStar Farm at the conclusion of his racing career, WinStar announced June 28.
A.P. Indy and one of his sons, Bernardini, were among the top commercial sires last year as A.P. Indy's stud career was coming to an end read blog
Smarty Jones, who missed a few days at the beginning of the breeding season, has covered 31 mares and six of the first seven checked are in foal.
Flame Thrower will stand at Robert Slack's Stoneriggs Farm near Ocala, Fla. He will stand for $8,500 with a live foal guarantee.
Darley Stud's group I winner Saratoga Springs will enter stud next year at Haras du Mezeray in France.
Irish-based Coolmore has a tentative agreement to purchase Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner Fusaichi Pegasus for stud duty, beginning in 2001.
Most Popular Stories
- Top Mare Nastique Dies at 29
- Panelists to Horse Racing: Spin Isn't In
- St Nicholas Abbey Progresses in Recovery
- Racing is Ripe for More Advanced Statistics
- Giving 'L' Legitimacy - Eric Mitchell
- BloodHorse.com New Navigation Tour
- NYRA Chief Discusses Aspects of Growth Plan
- Castellano Closing on Season Earnings Record
- Suffolk Casino Project to be Put to New Vote
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Top 3-year-olds