Hall of Fame trainer Shug McGaughey expressed his pleasure with the way his Super Saturday-bound Point of Entry and Hymn Book worked on the morning of Sept. 23 at Belmont Park.
Banned, who has prospered after being switched to grass racing after just one start on the main track, heads a field of 12 in the 14th running of the $600,000 Virginia Derby (gr. IIT) Saturday, July 16.
The Board of Trustees of Blood-Horse Publications announced Aug. 26 that Stacy V. Bearse will retire as president and CEO of the company, effective Nov. 1, 2010, after two decades of service.
Stuart S. Janney III has been elected to the board of stewards of The Jockey Club, filling the position vacated by G. Watts Humphrey Jr. at the expiration of his four-year term of office.
Most Popular Stories
- Chrome Facing Retirement With Poor BC Effort
- Midnight Lucky Out of F&M Sprint, Retired
- Ward Sends Talented Duo to Juvenile Turf
- Dayatthespa Silenced All Doubters
- WinStar Buys Half Interest in Daredevil
- The Big Apple's Big Vote
- NJ Sports Betting Put on Hold by Court Order
- Moreno in Sharp Breeders' Cup Classic Drill
- Fair Grounds Ordered to Restore Purse Funds
- Lab: Delays Followed Suspicious Samples Spike