Hall of Fame trainer Shug McGaughey expressed his pleasure with the way his Super Saturday-bound Point of Entry and Hymn Book worked on the morning of Sept. 23 at Belmont Park.
Banned, who has prospered after being switched to grass racing after just one start on the main track, heads a field of 12 in the 14th running of the $600,000 Virginia Derby (gr. IIT) Saturday, July 16.
The Board of Trustees of Blood-Horse Publications announced Aug. 26 that Stacy V. Bearse will retire as president and CEO of the company, effective Nov. 1, 2010, after two decades of service.
Stuart S. Janney III has been elected to the board of stewards of The Jockey Club, filling the position vacated by G. Watts Humphrey Jr. at the expiration of his four-year term of office.
Most Popular Stories
- Wise Dan Won't Run in Fourstardave
- Stall Guns for Departing's Grade I in Whitney
- Horse Returned, But Entry Clerk Out of a Job
- Del Mar Once Again Shifting Races Off Turf
- Darley's Hard Spun to Return From Japan
- Millionaire Halo Dolly Retired from Racing
- Will Take Charge vs. Palace Malice in Whitney
- Keeneland September Catalogs More Than 4,000
- Best Pal is Next Chapter for Story to Tell
- Handle Declines at Churchill-Owned Tracks