Hall of Fame trainer Shug McGaughey expressed his pleasure with the way his Super Saturday-bound Point of Entry and Hymn Book worked on the morning of Sept. 23 at Belmont Park.
Banned, who has prospered after being switched to grass racing after just one start on the main track, heads a field of 12 in the 14th running of the $600,000 Virginia Derby (gr. IIT) Saturday, July 16.
The Board of Trustees of Blood-Horse Publications announced Aug. 26 that Stacy V. Bearse will retire as president and CEO of the company, effective Nov. 1, 2010, after two decades of service.
Stuart S. Janney III has been elected to the board of stewards of The Jockey Club, filling the position vacated by G. Watts Humphrey Jr. at the expiration of his four-year term of office.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Sprints to Game Malibu Triumph
- Sam's Sister Stuns Taris in Quick La Brea
- California Chrome is Vox Populi Award Winner
- Prado 'Day to Day' After Gulfstream Spill
- Alert Bay Wins Mathis Brothers Mile Thriller
- Nine-Month Suspension Recommended for Veitch
- Leave the Light On for Storm Cat
- Six Grade I Races Set for Belmont Stakes Day
- WV Racing Struggles With Plan for Stability
- Salutos Amigos Adds Gravesend Stakes Victory