The first foal sired by Eclipse Award winner English Channel is a filly born Jan. 8.
- By Ron Mitchell
Agent John Ferguson, representing Sheikh Mohammed, dominated Monday's first session of the Fasig-Tipton Saratoga yearling sale, which saw double-digit drops in average and median prices.
Several members have recently left the Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation's board of directors, exits that parallel allegations that leadership dissension and financial struggles are plaguing the non-profit organization.
The Horse Farm Workers' Educational Assistance Fund has awarded 40 annual scholarships for the 2004-2005 school year to children of full-time workers on central Kentucky Thoroughbred breeding farms.
Black Mackee, who sired 39 stakes winners, died at age 27 the end of May
Secretariat Center for Retired Racehorses to benefit from 2003 Limited Edition Maker's Mark release.
Most Popular Stories
- A Look Back at Gallant Fox's Arlington Classic
- Lady Eli Brings Her Class to Gamely
- Midnight Storm Seeks Grade 1 Dirt Win in Gold Cup
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- CHRB Discusses Creating Single California Circuit
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement
- Asmussen Earns $50,000 Preakness Weekend Bonus
- The Greatest Performance No One Has Seen
- Enola Gray, Illuminant Look Strong in Monrovia Field
- Curlin Colt Sets Midlantic Record at $1.5 Million