The first foal sired by Eclipse Award winner English Channel is a filly born Jan. 8.
- By Ron Mitchell
Agent John Ferguson, representing Sheikh Mohammed, dominated Monday's first session of the Fasig-Tipton Saratoga yearling sale, which saw double-digit drops in average and median prices.
Several members have recently left the Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation's board of directors, exits that parallel allegations that leadership dissension and financial struggles are plaguing the non-profit organization.
The Horse Farm Workers' Educational Assistance Fund has awarded 40 annual scholarships for the 2004-2005 school year to children of full-time workers on central Kentucky Thoroughbred breeding farms.
Black Mackee, who sired 39 stakes winners, died at age 27 the end of May
Secretariat Center for Retired Racehorses to benefit from 2003 Limited Edition Maker's Mark release.
Most Popular Stories
- Game On Dude, Won Three Big 'Caps, Retired
- Sherman Says 'Chrome' Looks as Good as Ever
- Top Filly Princess of Sylmar Retired
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Big Gains Mark Keeneland Sale's Day 11
- Illinois Board Has Tough Call on 2015 Dates
- Undrafted Returns in Kentucky Downs Turf Dash
- Top Stallion Street Cry Dead at Age 16
- Pedigree Analysis: Inbreeding Trends
- Filly First Winner for Line of David