The first foal sired by Eclipse Award winner English Channel is a filly born Jan. 8.
- By Ron Mitchell
Agent John Ferguson, representing Sheikh Mohammed, dominated Monday's first session of the Fasig-Tipton Saratoga yearling sale, which saw double-digit drops in average and median prices.
Several members have recently left the Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation's board of directors, exits that parallel allegations that leadership dissension and financial struggles are plaguing the non-profit organization.
The Horse Farm Workers' Educational Assistance Fund has awarded 40 annual scholarships for the 2004-2005 school year to children of full-time workers on central Kentucky Thoroughbred breeding farms.
Black Mackee, who sired 39 stakes winners, died at age 27 the end of May
Secretariat Center for Retired Racehorses to benefit from 2003 Limited Edition Maker's Mark release.
Most Popular Stories
- Goldencents vs. Wise Dan Showdown Likely
- Back on Dirt at Keeneland; New Track Opens
- Deep Spinaway Cast for Durkin's Final Call
- I Spent It, Competitve Edge Enter Hopeful
- Cat's Claw Seeks Four in a Row in Glens Falls
- OBS August Yearling Sale Ends With Declines
- Torrey Pines: Jojo Warrior, Fashion Plate Vie
- Enterprising Chases Sweep in Del Mar Derby
- Pleasantly Perfect to Taylor Made Stallions
- Bandbox Retired to Northview Stallion Station