G. Watts Humphrey Jr.'s homebred Frivolous stalked the early pace before taking over in the stretch and held off 9-10 favorite Don't Tell Sophia to win the $222,600 Falls City Handicap (gr. II) at Churchill Downs Nov. 27.
Strut the Course unleashed a powerful rally and drew clear to a five-length victory in the $150,000 Maple Leaf Stakes (Can-III) Nov. 1 at Woodbine.
The daughter of Into Mischief is looking to extend a three-race winning streak and pick up her first graded stakes win.
Favored Original Script, a game third in the Woodbine Oaks Presented by Budweiser last time out, led every step of the way at Woodbine June 30 to capture the $237,700 Bison City Stakes by one length.
Third in the Woodbine Oaks Presented by Budweiser after setting the pace, Original Script returns in the $250,000 Bison City Stakes, the second jewel of Canada's filly Triple Crown June 30 at Woodbine.
Favored Nipissing remained unbeaten in three starts when she ran down outsider Strut the Course in the last few strides to capture the $251,525 Princess Elizabeth Stakes by half a length at Woodbine Oct. 28.
Ten 2-year-old Canadian-foaled fillies will try to burnish their credentials in the $250,000 Princess Elizabeth Stakes Oct. 28 at Woodbine, an important steppingstone to next year's north-of-the-border classics.
Most Popular Stories
- Dortmund Wins Dramatic Los Alamitos Futurity
- Leading Laurel Rider McCarthy Breaks Wrist
- Asmussen, Albarado Team for Four-Win Day
- Favored Act of War Captures Cape Guineas
- CHRB Eyes Scratching of Unreported Geldings
- California Chrome Drills at Los Alamitos
- Bayern Turns in Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Rodenticide Linked to Six Sudden Horse Deaths
- Old Friends to Receive Special Eclipse Award
- Travis Stone Named Churchill Downs Announcer