Ontario-bred Wando became the first horse in 10 years to sweep Canada's Triple Crown Saturday, overcoming trouble to register a 1 1/2-length victory in the $500,000 Breeders' Stakes for 3-year-olds on the turf at Woodbine.
Seven horses will try to end Wando's bid for the Canadian Triple Crown as they contest Saturday's Breeders' Stakes at Woodbine.
Queen's Plate runner-up Mobil pulled away in late stretch to win the featured CAN$164,100 Toronto Cup Handicap by one length, getting the 1 1/8-mile distance on a turf course listed as 'good', in 1:49.15.
For trainer Malcolm Pierce, the burning question heading into Saturday's Toronto Cup Stakes (Can-IIIT) for 3-year-olds at Woodbine is, 'Will the real Strizzi show up?'
Dogwood Stable's Hypnotist and jockey Jerry Bailey held off White Cat and Edgar Prado by a neck Sunday in winning the $75,000 Dave Feldman for 3-year-olds on the turf at Gulfstream.
Most Popular Stories
- Competitive Edge Super Sharp in Hopeful Romp
- Miss Serendipity, Blanc Snatch Yellow Ribbon
- Del Mar Trainers to Hop in Bouncey Ball Race
- Sharp Sensation Edges Ben's Cat in 'Monster
- Cary Street Rides Rail to Greenwood Surprise
- Protonico Surges in Smarty Jones for Pletcher
- Fall Meet at Los Alamitos Begins Sept. 5
- Ring Weekend at Home on Turf in Saranac Win
- Belmont Fall Championship Meet Opens Sept. 5
- Munirah Arrives Late for Boiling Springs Win