Striking Song, a son of Unbridled's Song training for the Breeders' Cup Juvenile, has been declared out of Saturday's race after sustaining a chip to his left hind ankle. The Robert Hess Jr.-trained colt has won one of four career starts, breaking his maiden at one mile in last outing.
A baker's dozen were pre-entered for the Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I), but it will be an upside-down cake if anyone other than Officer enters the winner's circle following the 8 1/2 furlong match.
A field of seven, including The Thoroughbred Corp.'s impressive Officer, are set to compete in Wednesday's $250,000 Del Mar Futurity, the grade II feature on the closing-day card.
Most Popular Stories
- Contreras Suspended for Oxycodone Use
- Airoforce Ready for 2016 Debut in Risen Star
- Motion, Team Valor Collaborate with Kasseopia
- Higgins Rides First Winner at Santa Anita
- Casse Cues Up Sam F. Davis Wildcard
- Evans, Fitzgerald to Audition at Santa Anita
- Two Prominent NYRA Employees Leaving Posts
- Legends: Rachel Alexandra, Filly for the Ages
- Willis to Chair New Mexico Racing Commission
- Texas Will Race at Least Through February