Setsuko, whose runner-up effort in the Santa Anita Derby (gr. I) didn't earn him enough in graded stakes company to make the May 1 Kentucky Derby (gr. I), instead will contest the American Turf Stakes at CD April 30.
Ammerland Stud's Nordic Truce took advantage of a strong speed duel to go three-for-three in his career in the $100,000 Transylvania Stakes (gr. IIIT) for 3-year-olds April 2, opening day of the Keeneland spring meet.
A well-matched group of nine 3-year-olds were entered for the $100,000 Transylvania Stakes (gr. IIIT), the featured race on opening day of the Keeneland Spring Meet April 2 in Lexington.
Gleam of Hope, guided by Corey Lanerie, rallied along the rail to win the $200,000 Budweiser Select Cradle Stakes by 2 1/4 lengths at Cincinnati's River Downs Sept. 7.
Royal Ascot winner Jealous Again has been bought by Sheikh Mohammed. Formerly trained by American handler Wesley Ward, the filly turned in a hugely impressive display in the Queen Mary Stakes (Eng-II) last month, bursting out of the stalls and showing far too much speed for the opposition to finish five lengths clear.
Ken and Sarah Ramsey's Cannonball nearly provided the perfect end to a dream week for American trainer Wesley Ward on the final day of the five-day Royal Ascot meeting June 20, when missing out by a neck in the Golden Jubilee Stakes (Eng-I).
History was made in the June 16 Windsor Castle Stakes (Eng-Listed) over five furlongs on good to firm turf on the first day of Royal Ascot, when 33-1 Strike The Tiger became the first ever American-trained horse to win at the meeting when holding on by a neck to beat Fratellino.
Most Popular Stories
- Speedy Moreno Dangerous Again in Woodward
- Santa Anita's Main Track to Reopen Sept. 2
- Sunset Glow Has Experience Edge in Debutante
- Target on Wise Dan for Bernard Baruch Return
- Gains Posted as Doncaster Premier Sale Ends
- Miss Behaviour Cuts Back for Prioress Run
- Kentucky Considers Allowing Salix-Free Races
- Solis Returns to California to Ride Full Time
- Clearly Now Faces Class Field in Forego
- Tritap, a Son of Tapit, to Heritage Stallions