Multiple graded stakes winner Mary's Follies, off for the past 11 months, will make her return in the $100,000 Athenia Stakes (gr. IIIT) Oct. 16 at Belmont Park.
Strike the Bell surprised favored Quiet Meadow when she rallied from last to first to win the $100,000 Noble Damsel Stakes (gr. IIIT) for her first added-money score Sept. 19 on Belmont Park's Widener turf course.
Quiet Meadow, beaten a nose in last season's Noble Damsel (gr. IIT), is back as the favorite in the 2010 edition. She was pegged as the 3-1 morning-line choice in a field of eight.
Multiple graded stakes winner Phola and Mekong Melody, a grade II winner at Woodbine last month, head the field in the $200,000 Ballston Spa Handicap (gr. IIT) on the Saratoga inner turf course Aug. 28.
Most Popular Stories
- After 26 Stakes Wins, Fan Favorite Ben's Cat Retired
- New York Discusses Race-Day Lasix Rules
- Copper Bullet Out to Build Reputation in Bashford Manor
- Fager to Deliver Thoroughbred Owner Conference Keynote
- Conrad Bandoroff Joins Denali Stud
- Hill 'n' Dale Acquires Half Interest in Bubbler
- Industry Groups Ask for Change in Parx Oaks Ruling
- Ward Pleased With Stable's Royal Ascot Performance
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- F-T Saratoga Offering 12 From Scat Daddy's Last Crop