Multiple stakes winner Taptowne, preparing for a likely start in the Oaklawn Handicap (gr. II) in a month's time, was assigned top weight of 117 pounds for the $200,000 Razorback Handicap (gr. III) March 15 at Oaklawn Park.
Zayat Stables' Prayer for Relief, 6 1/4-length winner of the Tenacious Handicap last time out, looms a strong choice despite top impost of 123 pounds in the Louisiana Handicap Jan. 18 at Fair Grounds.
New York shipper Last Gunfighter earned his fourth graded stakes win of the year, closing to get the job done in the $350,000 Hawthorne Gold Cup Handicap (gr. II) at Hawthorne Racecourse Nov. 30.
Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) contender Last Gunfighter and grade I winner Alpha head a competitive Nov. 30 edition of the $350,000 Hawthorne Gold Cup Handicap Presented by Xpressbet (gr. II).
Uncaptured returns to the home of his Kentucky Jockey Club (gr. II) victory in hopes of also returning to winning ways in the $100,000 Matt Winn Stakes (gr. III) at Churchill Downs June 15.
A wet track at Monmouth Park prompted trainer Eddie Plesa Jr. to postpone a scheduled pre-Preakness (gr. I) breeze for Itsmyluckyday the morning of May 11.
Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) winner Orb gave exercise rider Jenn Patterson all the right signs May 9 in his preparation for the 138th Preakness Stakes (gr. I) at Pimlico Race Course.
Most Popular Stories
- Trainer Jones Continues to Recover From Fall
- Champion Filly Beholder Coasts in 2014 Debut
- Easter Filly for Horse of the Year Zenyatta
- After the Wire: Top 5 Derby Prep Races
- Wildcat Red, With Saez, Works at Gulfstream
- Dude! Imperative Shocks Charles Town Classic
- Determined Isla Bonita Wins Japanese Guineas
- Cairo Prince Injured, Out of Kentucky Derby
- Untapable Breezes at Churchill Downs
- Featured Horse Profile: Frac Daddy