Godolphin Racing's Alpha, who dead-heated for first in last year's Travers Stakes (gr. I), is set to make his next start July 6 in the $350,000 Suburban Handicap (gr. II) at Belmont Park.
Giant Ryan stole the show at the New York Thoroughbred Breeders' annual awards banquet April 2, winning top honors as 2011 New York-bred Horse of the Year, champion older male, and champion male sprinter.
Brilliant Speed, third in last year's Emirates Airline Breeders' Cup Turf (gr. IT) at 1 1/2 miles, cuts back to a mile for the Appleton Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Gulfstream Park March 31 as he takes on seven rivals.
Street Game, winner of the Hill Prince Stakes (gr. IIIT) earlier this summer, was installed as the 8-5 favorite for the $150,000 National Museum of Racing Hall of Fame Stakes (gr. IIT) for 3-year-olds Aug. 12 at Saratoga.
Air Support, coming from the clouds, surged past 20-1 shot Casino Host in deep stretch to capture the $600,000 Virginia Derby (gr. IIT) by a neck over the closing Banned on the turf at Colonial Downs July 16.
Banned, who has prospered after being switched to grass racing after just one start on the main track, heads a field of 12 in the 14th running of the $600,000 Virginia Derby (gr. IIT) Saturday, July 16.
Flying Zee Stables' Street Game set an easy pace and never looked back, crushing a good field of 3-year-old turf milers in the $100,000 Hill Prince (gr. IIIT) June 18 at Belmont Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Catch a Glimpse in Good Order After Nassau Scare
- Rey de Oro wins Japanese Derby
- Danzing Candy Wires Lone Star Handicap
- Ashleyluvssugar Wins Second Charles Whittingham
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Twisted Tom Works Toward Belmont Stakes
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Lady Eli Digs in to Win Gamely
- Galileo, Coolmore Dominate European Classics
- Souper Tapit Gets Graded Score in Marine Stakes