The Kentucky Horse Racing Authority on Oct. 29 approved changes in its rules and regulations to prohibit the administration of cobra venom in Standardbreds.
- By Ron Mitchell
The Kentucky Horse Racing Authority has approved an agreement that erases a deficit in the Kentucky Thoroughbred Development Fund and establishes tighter accounting procedures to preclude a similar deficit buildup in the future.
Hours after a federal judge Thursday ruled in favor of five jockeys being allowed to wear advertising in Saturday's Kentucky Derby (gr. I), the Kentucky Horse Racing Authority suspended its rule barring commercial logos, thus allowing all jockeys in Kentucky to wear advertising.
The Kentucky Horse Racing Authority will review the death of Michael Rowland, who was injured in a spill at Turfway Park last week, Chairman Bill Street said Tuesday.
Most Popular Stories
- Sano's Faith in Gunnevera Unwavering for Florida Derby
- Dortmund Looks to Regain Form in Santana Mile
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Average Spikes at Barretts March Sale
- Look Back: Searching Finds Victory in 1956 Top Flight
- Unique Bella Sidelined Due to Shin Issue
- Classic Empire to Arkansas Derby After Impressive Work
- Trainer, Racing Official Daniel Dufford Dies at 66
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- Tequilita Hopes to Go Distance in Gulfstream Oaks