The Kentucky Horse Racing Authority on Oct. 29 approved changes in its rules and regulations to prohibit the administration of cobra venom in Standardbreds.
- By Ron Mitchell
The Kentucky Horse Racing Authority has approved an agreement that erases a deficit in the Kentucky Thoroughbred Development Fund and establishes tighter accounting procedures to preclude a similar deficit buildup in the future.
Hours after a federal judge Thursday ruled in favor of five jockeys being allowed to wear advertising in Saturday's Kentucky Derby (gr. I), the Kentucky Horse Racing Authority suspended its rule barring commercial logos, thus allowing all jockeys in Kentucky to wear advertising.
The Kentucky Horse Racing Authority will review the death of Michael Rowland, who was injured in a spill at Turfway Park last week, Chairman Bill Street said Tuesday.
Most Popular Stories
- Annals of Time Surges to Win Hollywood Derby
- California Chrome Logs Work for 'Challenge'
- Vale Dori Impressive in Bayakoa Victory
- Half Dome Dude Sets Remington Track Record
- King and His Court Claims Display Stakes
- Highway Star Wins Go for Wand by a Nose
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Departing Retired to Claiborne Farm
- Dynatail First Winner for Hightail
- Blue Grass, Wood Memorial Downgraded