The Kentucky Horse Racing Authority on Oct. 29 approved changes in its rules and regulations to prohibit the administration of cobra venom in Standardbreds.
- By Ron Mitchell
The Kentucky Horse Racing Authority has approved an agreement that erases a deficit in the Kentucky Thoroughbred Development Fund and establishes tighter accounting procedures to preclude a similar deficit buildup in the future.
Hours after a federal judge Thursday ruled in favor of five jockeys being allowed to wear advertising in Saturday's Kentucky Derby (gr. I), the Kentucky Horse Racing Authority suspended its rule barring commercial logos, thus allowing all jockeys in Kentucky to wear advertising.
The Kentucky Horse Racing Authority will review the death of Michael Rowland, who was injured in a spill at Turfway Park last week, Chairman Bill Street said Tuesday.
Most Popular Stories
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- Lord Nelson Fighting Laminitis, to Miss Breeding Season
- Pegasus Workers Drill Across Florida
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Louisiana Derby Season Begins
- Chrome and Arrogate: Who to Root For?
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- Classic Empire On Track for Holy Bull
- California Chrome's Dubai Win voted Moment of the Year
- Grade 3 Winner Chitu Sires First Foal
- A. P. Indy Fires Another Across the Bow