The Kentucky Horse Racing Authority on Oct. 29 approved changes in its rules and regulations to prohibit the administration of cobra venom in Standardbreds.
- By Ron Mitchell
The Kentucky Horse Racing Authority has approved an agreement that erases a deficit in the Kentucky Thoroughbred Development Fund and establishes tighter accounting procedures to preclude a similar deficit buildup in the future.
Hours after a federal judge Thursday ruled in favor of five jockeys being allowed to wear advertising in Saturday's Kentucky Derby (gr. I), the Kentucky Horse Racing Authority suspended its rule barring commercial logos, thus allowing all jockeys in Kentucky to wear advertising.
The Kentucky Horse Racing Authority will review the death of Michael Rowland, who was injured in a spill at Turfway Park last week, Chairman Bill Street said Tuesday.
Most Popular Stories
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury
- Enola Gray Still Unbeaten After Del Mar Romp
- 7-Year-Old Gelding Wins First Start at Ellis
- Blame Angel Wins a Day After Trainer's Death
- Ancient Secret Scores in Lake George
- After 35 Years, Jockey Joe Steiner Retires
- Sweet Loretta Powers to Schuylerville Win
- Songbird Logs First Gallop at Saratoga
- McCarthy, Trainer of General Quarters, Dies
- Songbird Adds Star Power to Sunday's CCA Oaks