Fistfite, a son of Two Punch, died of a heart attack July 25. The 11-year-old stallion was standing in Kansas but was to stand in 2010 at the farm of his owner, Dr. Warren Center.
A broodmare carrying a foal by Behrens brought a top price of $200,000 during Saturday's session of Keeneland's November Breeding Stock Sale.
Nearly four years ago, Virginia Kraft Payson convinced herself it was time for a change. The breeder had been successfully racing her own stock, first with her late husband, Charles, then solo for about 20 years. However, in 1999, she decided to do an about-face and become a commercial breeder.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Chrome Set for San Antonio, Bayern Doubtful
- Flashy Debut for Royal Delta Half Brother
- 74-Year-Old Horseplayer Wins 2015 NHC Title
- Desormeaux Sets Derby Path for Texas Red
- Sportive Overcomes Fog to Win Portland Mile
- Wildcat Red Sidelined with Back Muscle Pull
- First Reported Foal for Gig Harbor is Colt
- Options Abound for Holy Bull Winner Upstart
- Bob Neumeier Wins Celebrity Challenge at NHC
- Upstart Proves Class in Holy Bull