Fistfite, a son of Two Punch, died of a heart attack July 25. The 11-year-old stallion was standing in Kansas but was to stand in 2010 at the farm of his owner, Dr. Warren Center.
A broodmare carrying a foal by Behrens brought a top price of $200,000 during Saturday's session of Keeneland's November Breeding Stock Sale.
Nearly four years ago, Virginia Kraft Payson convinced herself it was time for a change. The breeder had been successfully racing her own stock, first with her late husband, Charles, then solo for about 20 years. However, in 1999, she decided to do an about-face and become a commercial breeder.
Most Popular Stories
- Wicked Strong to Sit Out Rest of Year
- Champagne is Next Step for I Spent It
- Classy Yanks vs. Euro Invaders in Hill Prince
- Wise Dan Faces Stiff Shadwell Turf Mile Test
- New England Horsemen Submit Dates Application
- Better Lucky Seeks to Repeat in First Lady
- Atreides Gets Distance Test in Indiana Derby
- Hashtag Bourbon Tough in Breeders' Futurity
- Small Foal Crops Will Challenge Racing
- Sea The Stars Filly Tops Day 2 of Orby Sale