The Magic Millions Gold Coast yearling sale opened Jan. 11 in Australia with an increase of 5.3% in median price from a year ago. However, the number sold, gross, and average price for the first session declined.
Trainer Peter Moody purchased the yearling, who is a half brother to three-time group I winner More Joyous.
Samantha Miss set an Australasian auction record for a filly off the racetrack when she sold for Aust$3.85 million (approximately $2,774,810 in U.S. funds) April 16 during the final session of the William Inglis & Son Easter broodmare sale.
Trainer Gai Waterhouse had to work overtime to convince owner John Singleton and his racing manager, Duncan Grimley, to even run Tuesday Joy in the Coolmore-sponsored Tad Kennedy Stakes (Aus-I) March 17. She responded with a game win in the mud at Rosehill.
As a juvenile, Victory Vein (Mr Henrysee-Protective) dominated her age group in Australia, winning two group Ievents and being ever so narrowly beaten in a photo in the AUD$3million (U.S.$2,063,000) Golden Slipper Stakes (Aus-I). On Wednesday, she was sold at public auction for an Australian record price as Day Three of the Magic Millions Gold Coast National Thoroughbred sale concluded.
Most Popular Stories
- Florida Derby Winner Materiality Dies
- Ectot Stuns Flintshire in Hirsch Turf Classic
- Bullet Train Gets First Stakes Winner
- Paulassilverlining Takes Muddy Gallant Bloom
- Leading Jockey Gallardo Heads to New York
- Exaggerator to Rest at WinStar
- Live Racing at Meadowlands Cancelled Again
- 'Alice' Wins Sun Chariot, BC Might Be Next
- Global Glamour Takes Flight for the 'Girls'
- Hill Specialist Ambitious Brew Takes Eddie D.