Stonestreet Stables and Coolmore Stud teamed May 25 to secure the session-topping Fastnet Rock colt on the opening day at the Magic Millions National weanling sale.
In what is expected to be her final season of racing, Streama tallied the fourth group I win of her sparkling career by reeling in pacesetter Leebaz to take the Doomben Cup May 17 by three-quarters of a length.
Atlantic Jewel came close to retaining her unbeaten record in the Hyland Race Colours Underwood Stakes (Aus-I) Sept. 21 at Caulfield, but It's a Dundeel edged her at the finish in a heartbreaker for the star mare.
Elite Australian sire Redoute's Choice reached his 100th individual stakes winner Feb. 23 when She's Clean won the Triscay Stakes at Warwick Farm.
A Stratum filly, which is a half sister to New Zealand group I winner Anabandana, brought the top price of Aust$220,000 ($231,975 in U.S. funds) May 25 during the opening session of the Magic Millions national weanling sale.
A Redoute's Choice colt brought the top price of Aust$850,000 as the gross and average price increased from a year ago during the opening session of the Magic Millions Gold Coast yearling sale in Australia Jan 12.
A Stratum - Beyond Me filly topped the opening session of the BMW Magic Millions Perth yearling sale Feb. 11 in Australia. West Australia-based owner Sally Martin purchased the filly from Gervase Park Stud for Aust$160,000 (approximately $106,854 in U.S. funds).
Not only will the second wave by Redoute's Choice smash the 2-year-old earnings record for an Australian season, they could double the current mark before the season ends July 31.
Most Popular Stories
- Rockingham Park Selling Most of Stable Area
- Jockeys' Guild, RTCA Set Up Saez Family Fund
- Claimer Seeking the Sherif Reaches BC Sprint
- U.S. Juvenile Turf Fillies Await Euro Attack
- Bullet Move for Likely BC Juvenile Favorite
- Two-Time Champion Beholder Out of BC Distaff
- Haskin: Time to Give Blame His Due
- Grade I Winner Alterite to Arqana Sale
- Hillstar Shoots to Canadian International Win
- Just The Judge Earns E. P. Taylor Verdict