Irish-bred Stratham rallied along the inside under jockey David Cohen to win Sunday's $100,000 Will Rogers (gr. IIIT) for 3-year-olds on the Hollywood Park turf by three-quarters of a length over New Joysey Jeff, registering his third win in four North American starts.
Veteran trainer Ron Sticka seeks his first stakes victory when he sends out Niagara Causeway in the $100,000 Will Rogers Stakes (gr. IIIT) for 3-year-olds at one mile on turf at Hollywood Park Sunday.
Irish-bred Stratham's mild upset in Santa Anita's La Puente Stakes on Saturday contributed to the track's first three-day carryover in more than two years. A total of $1,126,445 is carrying into the pool for Easter Sunday's 1:30 p.m. program.
Most Popular Stories
- Tepin Works; Trip to Royal Ascot Uncertain
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- California Chrome 'Stronger' in Los Al Drill
- Kentucky Suspends Umarov for 10 Years
- Destin Work is 'Stamina Builder' for Belmont
- Rabada Strikes for Second Group I Win in SAf
- Exaggerator Gallops at Pimlico Race Course
- Mike Venezia Memorial Award to Go to Pino
- Rockingham to End All Operations Aug. 31
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever