Irish-bred Stratham rallied along the inside under jockey David Cohen to win Sunday's $100,000 Will Rogers (gr. IIIT) for 3-year-olds on the Hollywood Park turf by three-quarters of a length over New Joysey Jeff, registering his third win in four North American starts.
Veteran trainer Ron Sticka seeks his first stakes victory when he sends out Niagara Causeway in the $100,000 Will Rogers Stakes (gr. IIIT) for 3-year-olds at one mile on turf at Hollywood Park Sunday.
Irish-bred Stratham's mild upset in Santa Anita's La Puente Stakes on Saturday contributed to the track's first three-day carryover in more than two years. A total of $1,126,445 is carrying into the pool for Easter Sunday's 1:30 p.m. program.
Most Popular Stories
- Bettys Bambino Wins Daytona in Stakes Debut
- Gentildonna Goes Out On Top in Career Finale
- Main Sequence Arrives in Florida for Winter
- Posse Offspring Take Pair of NY-Bred Stakes
- Cowtown Cat Moves to Ohio's Mapleton for 2015
- Bayern, 'Chrome Work Toward Possible Rematch
- Shared Belief Sprints to Game Malibu Triumph
- Juvenile Catalina Red Sets Tampa Track Mark
- Jockey Bain, 62, Wins Again at Gulfstream
- Apprentice Rider Ramgeet Out Indefinitely