Irish-bred Stratham rallied along the inside under jockey David Cohen to win Sunday's $100,000 Will Rogers (gr. IIIT) for 3-year-olds on the Hollywood Park turf by three-quarters of a length over New Joysey Jeff, registering his third win in four North American starts.
Veteran trainer Ron Sticka seeks his first stakes victory when he sends out Niagara Causeway in the $100,000 Will Rogers Stakes (gr. IIIT) for 3-year-olds at one mile on turf at Hollywood Park Sunday.
Irish-bred Stratham's mild upset in Santa Anita's La Puente Stakes on Saturday contributed to the track's first three-day carryover in more than two years. A total of $1,126,445 is carrying into the pool for Easter Sunday's 1:30 p.m. program.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Top 3-Year-Old Fillies to Battle in Cotillion
- Kandaly, 1994 Louisiana Derby Winner, Dies
- 2013 Breeding Activity Statistics Released
- Jockey Club: Study Shows Lasix Not Needed
- Oaklawn to Offer Bonuses for Lasix-Free Wins
- Study Examines EIPH and Racing Performance
- Top Stallion Street Cry Dead at Age 16
- Breeders Sales Co. Expects Strong Auction
- That Handicapping Show: Pennsylvania Derby