Stratford Hill, a graded stakes winner by A.P. Indy, has been retired from racing and will stand the 2013 breeding season at Winding Oaks Farm near Ocala, Fla.
Making his stakes debut against a stellar field of turf sprinters, Stratford Hill ran down pacesetter Great Attack late to score the $100,000 Shakertown (gr. IIIT) by a half-length April 16 at Keeneland.
Chamberlain Bridge will carry top weight of 124 pounds in the Shakertown Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Keeneland April 16.
Most Popular Stories
- Del Mar Sets Plan to Solve Turf Course Issue
- Some Top Trainers Support Phasing Out Salix
- Indiana Sire Lantana Mob Gets First Winner
- WV Hires New Lab; Purse Money Still in Limbo
- Champion She's a Tiger Retired
- Tumor Side Effect Leads to Filly's Group I DQ
- Bertha Wright of Calumet Dynasty Dies at 94
- Horse Returned, But Entry Clerk Out of a Job
- Illinois Tracks Seeking Fewer Dates in 2015
- Wise Dan Won't Run in Fourstardave