Thirteen American-trained horses were announced as likely starters in six races on the $26 million Dubai World Cup card to be held March 26 at Meydan Racecourse.
Trainer Rick Dutrow Jr. is hoping to send I Want Revenge and Stradivinsky to Dubai for next month's World Cup night.
It may not have been an artistic success, but Stradivinsky triumphed as the 11-10 favorite in the $58,800 Gulfstream Park Turf Sprint Jan. 23 in south Florida.
Selections for the Nov. 6 Breeders' Cup races, including the Classic. Read Blog
With the Breeders' Cup entries now drawn, here a few longshots to look at. Read Blog
Jamie Theriot scores Labor Day double with Thiskyhasnolimit in the Smarty Jones Stakes and Chamberlain Bridge in the Monster Turf Handicap.
Stradivinsky took advantage of the favorite being knocked out of contention early in the race, as the 7-year-old gelding scored his first graded stakes win in the $200,000 Jaipur Stakes (gr. IIIT) July 17 at Belmont Park.
Edith Dixon's Smart Enough, ridden by Patrick Husbands, blazed his way to a half-length tally in the $200,000 Scotts Highlander Stakes (Can-III) on Queen's Plate Sunday at Woodbine.
Live Oak Plantation's homebred Stradivinsky will take on seven sprint rivals, including three shippers, in the $200,000 Scotts Highlander Stakes (Can-III) Sunday on the turf at Woodbine.
Stradivinsky, under Emma-Jayne Wilson, dominated some of Canada's top sprinters in Woodbine's first stakes event of the year, Saturday's $125,000 Jacques Cartier Stakes.
Most Popular Stories
- Weanling Daughter of Champion Zenyatta Dies
- Longform: Long Live the Queen
- For Joe Rocco Jr., It's All About the Horse
- Aktabantay Knocked Out of BC Juvenile Turf
- Sire Tapit Closing in on Record Season
- Santa Anita Confident in New Dirt Surface
- Asmussen Aims to Make Untapable Feel at Home
- Northern Cal Trainers On Cup's Center Stage
- Top Decile Under Radar for Juvenile Fillies
- TimeformUS Breeders' Cup Preview: Distaff