The much anticipated $1 million Stradbroke Handicap, one of Australia's oldest and most prestigious group I races, was won by a 33 to 1 chance June 7 at Eagle Farm.
Monashee Mountain garnered his first Australian group I victory with La Montagna's win in the $1 million (Australian funds) Stradbroke Handicap (Aust-I) at Brisbane, Eagle Farm oval June 10.
Private Steer's soft win in the $1 million (Australian funds) Stradbroke Handicap (Aust-I) on June 7 again underscored the long-term value of the recently deceased Danehill.
Of the many horses selected to advance the breed, few make the transition in careers with the cheers of adulation still ringing in their ears. Signing-off your track career with a grand flourish is elusive, but 4-year-old Show a Heart managed it in the $1 million (Australian funds) Stradbroke Handicap (Aust-1) on June 10.
The inappropriately-named Crawl is the big winner at Brisbane's Eagle Farm meeting.
Most Popular Stories
- Lord Kanaloa Impresses in Career Finale
- Dominant Upsets The Fugue in HK Vase
- Akeed Mofeed Takes Hong Kong Cup
- Streaming Surges Clear for Starlet Surprise
- Multiple Grade I Winner Flat Out Retired
- Apprentice Jockey Vanessa Fry Wins Her First
- Hong Kong Cup Day: Ed Dunlop - Red Cadeaux
- Broken Sword Never Looks Back in Bayakoa Win
- Exit Stage Left Stays Unbeaten in Gold Rush
- Nevada Kid Rolls in Claiming Crown Jewel