The much anticipated $1 million Stradbroke Handicap, one of Australia's oldest and most prestigious group I races, was won by a 33 to 1 chance June 7 at Eagle Farm.
Monashee Mountain garnered his first Australian group I victory with La Montagna's win in the $1 million (Australian funds) Stradbroke Handicap (Aust-I) at Brisbane, Eagle Farm oval June 10.
Private Steer's soft win in the $1 million (Australian funds) Stradbroke Handicap (Aust-I) on June 7 again underscored the long-term value of the recently deceased Danehill.
Of the many horses selected to advance the breed, few make the transition in careers with the cheers of adulation still ringing in their ears. Signing-off your track career with a grand flourish is elusive, but 4-year-old Show a Heart managed it in the $1 million (Australian funds) Stradbroke Handicap (Aust-1) on June 10.
The inappropriately-named Crawl is the big winner at Brisbane's Eagle Farm meeting.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Still Healing in Northwest
- American Pharoah Takes Haskell With Ease
- 'Pharoah' Heads Home, Next Race Undecided
- Upstart Fine After Haskell; Travers Next
- Injured Jockey Luzzi Cleared to Resume Riding
- Records Fall on Haskell Day at Monmouth Park
- Lea Tunes Up for Whitney in Workout
- Haskin: Bronwen Healy's American Adventure
- World Approval, Night Prowler Seeking 'Fame'
- Rachel's Valentina Sparkles in Debut