The much anticipated $1 million Stradbroke Handicap, one of Australia's oldest and most prestigious group I races, was won by a 33 to 1 chance June 7 at Eagle Farm.
Monashee Mountain garnered his first Australian group I victory with La Montagna's win in the $1 million (Australian funds) Stradbroke Handicap (Aust-I) at Brisbane, Eagle Farm oval June 10.
Private Steer's soft win in the $1 million (Australian funds) Stradbroke Handicap (Aust-I) on June 7 again underscored the long-term value of the recently deceased Danehill.
Of the many horses selected to advance the breed, few make the transition in careers with the cheers of adulation still ringing in their ears. Signing-off your track career with a grand flourish is elusive, but 4-year-old Show a Heart managed it in the $1 million (Australian funds) Stradbroke Handicap (Aust-1) on June 10.
The inappropriately-named Crawl is the big winner at Brisbane's Eagle Farm meeting.
Most Popular Stories
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 21, 2017
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Highland Reel Among World Cup Day Turf Runners
- Classic Empire Back to Work in Ocala
- Tamarando Retired, Will Stand at Harris Farms
- Kitten's Cat Poised for Spiral Stakes
- Gun Runner Brings Consistent Class to World Cup Stage
- UAE Derby Features Japan's Kentucky Derby Qualifier
- Strong US contingent in Golden Shaheen
- Suffolk Downs Files Paperwork for Racetrack Sale