Breeders' Cup Juvenile Turf (gr. IIT) winner Pluck headlines the $100,000 Transylvania Stakes (gr. IIIT), as opening day of the 2011 Keeneland spring meet kicks off on Friday, April 8.
Rogue Romance, last on the turn for home, devoured his 11 juvenile rivals in the stretch to win as much the best in the $100,000 Bourbon Stakes (gr. IIIT) on the Keeneland turf Oct. 10.
Machisa and Z Appeal, both stakes winners on turf, top a full field of a dozen 2-year-olds for the $100,000 Bourbon Stakes (gr. IIIT) Oct. 10 at Keeneland.
Slight favorite Pluck used a powerful stretch kick to run down the field in the $243,176 Summer Stakes Presented by TVG (Can-IIIT) Sept. 18 at Woodbine, earning a spot in the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Turf (gr. IIT) this fall.
The nation's leading trainer, Todd Pletcher, who has won the Summer Stakes (Can-IIIT) twice and the Natalma Stakes (Can-IIIT) once, will have solid chances to record victories in both of Woodbine's 2-year-old races Sept. 18
Most Popular Stories
- Injury Knocks Constitution Off Derby Trail
- Ky Derby: Form, Pedigree, Speed, & Red Flags
- Coolmore Lexington: A Prep in Its Prime
- Champion Producer My Flag Dies at Claiborne
- Blue Grass Runner-Up Medal Count Derby Bound
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 4/14/2014
- Game On Dude Arrives for Charles Town Classic
- Haskin: Art Sherman, Dave Erb 'Swap' Stories
- 2014 Stallion Showcase
- 'A Not-To-Be-Missed Uptown Society Event'