Something Extra, whose theft effort came up just shy last time out in the Connaught Cup (Can-IIT), shortens up a bit in distance for his return to the Woodbine turf in the $200,000 Highlander Stakes (gr. IIT) July 6.
Breeders' Cup Juvenile Turf (gr. IIT) winner Pluck headlines the $100,000 Transylvania Stakes (gr. IIIT), as opening day of the 2011 Keeneland spring meet kicks off on Friday, April 8.
Rogue Romance, last on the turn for home, devoured his 11 juvenile rivals in the stretch to win as much the best in the $100,000 Bourbon Stakes (gr. IIIT) on the Keeneland turf Oct. 10.
Machisa and Z Appeal, both stakes winners on turf, top a full field of a dozen 2-year-olds for the $100,000 Bourbon Stakes (gr. IIIT) Oct. 10 at Keeneland.
Slight favorite Pluck used a powerful stretch kick to run down the field in the $243,176 Summer Stakes Presented by TVG (Can-IIIT) Sept. 18 at Woodbine, earning a spot in the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Turf (gr. IIT) this fall.
The nation's leading trainer, Todd Pletcher, who has won the Summer Stakes (Can-IIIT) twice and the Natalma Stakes (Can-IIIT) once, will have solid chances to record victories in both of Woodbine's 2-year-old races Sept. 18
Most Popular Stories
- Sheikh Mohammed 'Definitely' Plans to Hike DWC Purse
- Suffolk Downs Sale Approved by Gaming Commission
- Sano's Faith in Gunnevera Unwavering for Florida Derby
- Dortmund Looks to Regain Form in Santana Mile
- Taghleeb Looks For Third Straight Win in Pan American
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Churchill Downs Inc. Rejoins NTRA
- Average Spikes at Barretts March Sale
- Look Back: Searching Finds Victory in 1956 Top Flight
- Gregson Foundation, Old Friends 2017 BC Beneficiaries