Breeders' Cup Juvenile Turf (gr. IIT) winner Pluck headlines the $100,000 Transylvania Stakes (gr. IIIT), as opening day of the 2011 Keeneland spring meet kicks off on Friday, April 8.
Rogue Romance, last on the turn for home, devoured his 11 juvenile rivals in the stretch to win as much the best in the $100,000 Bourbon Stakes (gr. IIIT) on the Keeneland turf Oct. 10.
Machisa and Z Appeal, both stakes winners on turf, top a full field of a dozen 2-year-olds for the $100,000 Bourbon Stakes (gr. IIIT) Oct. 10 at Keeneland.
Slight favorite Pluck used a powerful stretch kick to run down the field in the $243,176 Summer Stakes Presented by TVG (Can-IIIT) Sept. 18 at Woodbine, earning a spot in the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Turf (gr. IIT) this fall.
The nation's leading trainer, Todd Pletcher, who has won the Summer Stakes (Can-IIIT) twice and the Natalma Stakes (Can-IIIT) once, will have solid chances to record victories in both of Woodbine's 2-year-old races Sept. 18
Most Popular Stories
- Cibelli Wins Her First Race After 60-Day Ban
- No Deal Yet on Will Take Charge, Horton Says
- That Handicapping Show: Dania Beach Stakes
- Grade I Winner Mission Approved Retired
- Legacy Bloodstock Relaunched by Easthams
- Big Fields for Hollywood's Final Curtain Call
- Bourbon Courage Faces Csaba, Neck 'n Neck
- And They're Off: 2013 Offy Awards
- Woodbine Has Per-Card Wagering Rise in 2013
- Tranquility Farm Downsizing, Moving North