Challenged from all sides in deep stretch, determined front-runner Two Trail Sioux refused to give way, holding on for a one-length win in the $330,000 Fleur de Lis Handicap (gr. II) at Churchill Downs Saturday.
The rivalry between Shadow Cast and Island Sand will head into its third act Saturday at Churchill Downs when the pair of 4-year-old stakes winning fillies line up for the Fleur de Lis Handicap (gr. II) going 1 1/8 miles at Churchill Downs.
With champion 3-year-old filly and 2004 Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) winner Ashado on the sidelines, Gary Tanaka's Star Parade heads a field of nine entered for the $300,000-added Louisville Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. II) at Churchill Downs Friday.
Storm's Darling made amends for a subpar performance last month by rallying to her first career stakes victory in the $75,000 Chou Croute Handicap Sunday at Fair Grounds Race Course.
Daydreaming and jockey John Velazquez surged to the lead in midstretch and survived a stewards' inquiry into the closing stages to win the $406,300 Indiana Breeders' Cup Oaks (gr. III) at Hoosier Park Friday night.
Most Popular Stories
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Stellar Wind to Challenge Beholder Again
- Nyquist Arrives at Monmouth
- Lexie Lou Headlines Victoriana Stakes
- What's Going On Here: Sporting Gestures
- Stradivari Recuperating After Surgery
- Belmont Winner Creator Returns in Jim Dandy
- Oaklawn Strengthening 2017 Handicap Division
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- PNGI Reports Increased Earnings for Quarter