Severe weather moving across Kentucky the afternoon of March 2 prompted Turfway Park to cancel live racing and simulcasting and for Churchill Downs and Keeneland to halt simulcasting operations.
Strong Santa Ana winds of up to 100 miles per hour blew through Southern California early Dec. 1, uprooting trees and damaging some barns at Santa Anita Park in Arcadia.
Turfway Park, currently closed for live racing but home to about 700 horses in training, sustained storm damaged the evening of May 25 but no humans or horses were injured.
In anticipation of bad weather expected to hit New York on Friday, Aqueduct has already made the decision to close the track for live racing and simulcasting.
Most Popular Stories
- Multiple GI Winner Richard's Kid to Magali
- Eight Stakes Elevated in Status for 2014
- What was the Top Race of 2013?
- CHRB to Meet as Hollywood Park Closure Nears
- NY Trainer Hits World Stage in Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Cup Day: John Gosden - The Fugue
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- Saturday Plays from Betfair Hollywood Park
- Ultimate Guide To Winning 1 Million Points
- Chasing Landaluce