Severe weather moving across Kentucky the afternoon of March 2 prompted Turfway Park to cancel live racing and simulcasting and for Churchill Downs and Keeneland to halt simulcasting operations.
Strong Santa Ana winds of up to 100 miles per hour blew through Southern California early Dec. 1, uprooting trees and damaging some barns at Santa Anita Park in Arcadia.
Turfway Park, currently closed for live racing but home to about 700 horses in training, sustained storm damaged the evening of May 25 but no humans or horses were injured.
In anticipation of bad weather expected to hit New York on Friday, Aqueduct has already made the decision to close the track for live racing and simulcasting.
Most Popular Stories
- Mucho Macho Man Florida's Horse of the Year
- Old Friends Retiree The Name's Jimmy Dies
- Tapiture Breezes For Rebel Stakes
- AmWest Offers Players Chance to Help TCA
- Campaign to Expose Newcomers to Horses
- After the Wire: Santa Anita Handicap
- Pressure Off Sherman After 'Chrome's Dazzler
- Expectations High for OBS 2-Year-Old Sale
- Game On Dude Captures Record Third Big 'Cap
- Judy the Beauty Splendid in Las Flores Score