Unbeaten and just slightly tested in four tries, Conveyance heads the field for the $800,000 Sunland Derby (gr. III) at Sunland Park Racetrack and Casino March 28.
Trainer ran two 3-year-olds in the Feb. 27 Borderland Derby at Sunland Park. Raise the Bar finished first, but was DQ'd to second behind his other colt, Storming Saint. It was 8 3/4 lengths back to the third-placed runner.
Sweetsouthernsaint, sire of Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) hopeful Storming Saint, has been sold and will stand at Haras El Aguila in Panama.
Trainer Henry Dominguez was the only one not sweating out the inquiry following the $100,000 Borderland Derby since he saddled both Storming Saint, the eventual winner, and Raise the Bridle, whose neck victory was overturned.
California shipper Tango Tango is the morning line favorite among nine 3-year-olds for Sunland Park's $100,000 Borderland Derby Feb. 27, a race that takes on added significance as a prep for the $800,000 Sunland Derby.
Most Popular Stories
- Lovely Maria Out for Rest of Year
- Double-Digit Growth in Arc Export Handle
- Spendthrift Moving Court Vision, Victor's Cry
- Questions Facing Breeders' Cup Classic Horses
- Pletcher Horses Hit the Track at Keeneland
- Owner Recruitment, Retention Focus of Panel
- Injured Rossi 'An Inspiration' After Accident
- Big Macher Breezes at Santa Anita Park
- Canani Suspended by Santa Anita Stewards
- Golden Horn Impressive in Arc de Triomphe