Fabulous Strike, carrying high weight of 136 pounds, led from start to finish for a 1 1/2-length triumph in the $111,200 Fall Highweight Handicap, the Thanksgiving Day feature at Aqueduct.
Idiot Proof will try to rebound from a poor Breeders Cup performance in the Fall Highweight Handicap Nov. 27 at Aqueduct.
Stud Muffin, a $35,000 claim back in March, came through on the biggest day of the year for New York-breds as he stormed to a 1 1/2-length victory in the $250,000 Empire Classic Handicap on New York Showcase Day Oct. 18 at Belmont Park.
Trainer Bruce Levine has conditioned Roddy Valente's homebred Bustin Stones through four victories -- including three black type wins -- and a successful comeback from surgery on both knees. But the 4-year-old son of City Zip will have to step it up a notch to remain undefeated when he tackles graded company for the first time in the Feb. 18 General George Handicap (gr. II) at Laurel Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Paulassilverlining Shows Her Mettle in Honorable Miss
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Drefong Set for 2017 Debut in Bing Crosby
- Jockey Flores Plans to Retire From Riding
- Always Dreaming, Cloud Computing Head Jim Dandy
- Massachusetts Lawmakers Extend Racing, Simulcasting
- Cool Catomine Rolls Late in Prince of Wales Upset
- Girvin to Have New Pilot in Albarado in Haskell
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Can'thelpbelieving, Dragon Bay Duel in Nijinsky Stakes