Alto Racing's son of Tapit splashed his way to a 6 3/4-length victory in the $150,000 Westchester (gr. III) May 7, picking up his first graded stakes win and stamping himself a contender for the $1.25 million Metropolitan Handicap (gr. I) on June 11.
The 6-year-old Candy Ride son is seeking that elusive first graded stakes victory following five consecutive graded-stakes placings.
Owner Mike Repole will be well-represented in the $100,000 Evening Attire Stakes at Aqueduct Racetrack Feb. 16, when he will send out the coupled entry of Micromanage and Village Warrior, both trained by Todd Pletcher.
PTK's Cerro will look to keep his perfect record at Laurel Park intact in the $100,000 Native Dancer Stakes, one of four stakes on the Jan. 3 program at the Maryland racetrack.
Pick Six Racing's Vyjack will get one more start of 2014, and his connections hope to make it a win in the $100,000 Queens County Stakes at Aqueduct Dec. 13.
Team Valor is sponsoring the $75,000 Rushaway Stakes at Turfway March 23, and as fate would have it, it will also use the race as a last-ditch effort to get highly-regarded Crop Report to a Kentucky Derby prep.
Pataky Kid continued his progress up the ladder and gave a hint of good things to come in the $150,000 Arlington-Washington Futurity Sept. 8 at Arlington Park, earning his first stakes score for Swifty Farms.
Most Popular Stories
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Wake Forest Heads United Nations
- Probe Into Abandoned Horses Continues
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Lady Shipman Stands Tall in Highlander
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- Family Tree Scores in Iowa Oaks
- 'Ghost' Takes on Males in Queen's Plate
- VA-Bred Owners' Bonus Program Begins July 1
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose