A barn quarantine at Prairie Meadows was lifted Monday after tests showed that a horse suspected of having the equine herpes virus did not have the disease.
The quarantine at Prairie Meadows was relaxed slightly June 8 to allow horses to enter the stable area, but no horses will be allowed to leave the grounds until test results for a possible equine herpesvirus case are known.
Horses in one barn at Prairie Meadows in Iowa have been quarantined due to a possible case of equine herpesvirus.
Most Popular Stories
- Stall Guns for Departing's Grade I in Whitney
- Wise Dan Won't Run in Fourstardave
- Horse Returned, But Entry Clerk Out of a Job
- Del Mar Once Again Shifting Races Off Turf
- Darley's Hard Spun to Return From Japan
- Millionaire Halo Dolly Retired from Racing
- Will Take Charge vs. Palace Malice in Whitney
- Keeneland September Catalogs More Than 4,000
- Best Pal is Next Chapter for Story to Tell
- Handle Declines at Churchill-Owned Tracks