For the first time, the premier championship event for South American Thoroughbreds will be simulcast into North American when Uruguay's Maroñas National Racetrack plays host to the 25th running of the group 1, $150,000 (U.S.) Gran Premio Latinoamericano March 18.
Storm Mayor, a 3-year-old son of Bernstein, caught Forty Licks in the final strides to win the Gran Premio Internacional Carlos Pellegrini (Arg-I), South America's most important race, by a head on Saturday at San Isidro in Buenos Aires.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Takes Easy Gallop at Spa
- Belmont Winner Palace Malice Retired
- Violette Undecided on Travers for Upstart
- NBC Schedules Two-Hour Travers Broadcast
- TTA to Conduct 2-Year-Old Sale in April
- Keeneland Plans for Sale Activity During BC
- Stellar Wind Tops Torrey Pines Field
- Bradester, Valid Meet Again at Monmouth
- Illinois Vote Could Impact Thoroughbred Dates
- Suffolk to Subsidize Shipping for Fall Dates