A pair of fillies turned in the fastest breezes at an eighth of a mile during the March 30 under tack show for the Fasig-Tipton Texas sale of 2-year-olds in training.
Silent Rapids, with her 2007 filly by Storm Day at her side, brought a $26,500 final bid Tuesday during the mixed portion of the Breeders Sales Company of Louisiana yearling and mixed auction.
Storm Day, a graded stakes-placed half-brother to Brian's Time, has been sold to stand at stud next year at Clear Creek Stud near Folsom, La. No stud fee was announced for the son of Storm Cat--Kelley's Day, by Graustark.
Pimlico Special winner Include will be the starting highweight for Friday's 127th running of the $400,000-added Clark Handicap. Meanwhile, two more Churchill Downs-based horses have joined the list of prospective starters for the Clark. Mary and Gary West's Ubiquity, trained by Bill Mott, and Jim and Pat Bohanon's Trion Georgia will contest the race.
English group III stakes winner Generous Rosi earned his first American stakes win in Saturday's $82,500 Turfway Park Fall Championship Stakes (gr. III).
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Impresses at Santa Anita
- Far From Over Victorious in Return
- How a Sire Line Develops
- Phantom Dollars Flood Track's Double Pool
- Too Early to Gauge 'Brexit' Effect on Sales
- Magee Clinches Training Title at Pimlico
- Mohaymen Back to Work in New York
- Fairplex, Santa Anita House Evacuated Horses
- Weather Impacts Churchill June 23 Program
- BHA Working on Strategies After 'Brexit' Vote