Todd Pletcher, who has won the Spinaway Stakes (gr. I) three times, will have a 50-50 chance at winning another when he sends out four of the eight starters in the Sept. 5 race for juvenile fillies.
Le Mi Geaux came from off the pace under Freddie Lenclud to pull a 9-1 upset in the $100,000 Schuylerville (gr. III), the first graded stakes of the Saratoga meet. She is the first stakes winner for her sire First Samurai.
Saratoga will kick off its 142nd meet with a stellar opening day card, highlighted by the $100,000 Schuylerville Stakes (gr. III) for 2-year-old fillies and the $75,000 James Marvin Stakes that drew a field of 10
Most Popular Stories
- Wise Dan Cleared to Resume Full Training
- Santa Anita Reports Attendance, Handle Gains
- California Implements New Whip Rule
- Genuine Reward to Old Friends
- Crown Champ American Pharoah Returns to Work
- Delaware Park Latest Track to Boot Vazquez
- Rome Keynote Speaker at 2016 Owner Conference
- Presque Isle Alters Post Time to Combat Deer
- Dept. of Labor Files Suit Against Asmussen
- British Steeplechaser Kauto Star Euthanized