Top Kisser proved she can handle the heat when she came from off the pace to win the $100,000 L.A. Woman Stakes (gr. III) as undefeated Emerald Downs shipper Stopshoppingdebbie fizzled when favored at Santa Anita Oct. 4.
Stopshoppingdebbie has won her first nine races, all at Emerald Downs, and seeks to hit the big time when she tackles five foes at Santa Anita in the L.A. Woman Stakes (gr. III), her first graded test.
Stopshoppingdebbie, Northwest Farm's undefeated homebred daughter of Curlin, will make her first start outside Washington state when she goes postward in the LA Woman Stakes (gr. III) at Santa Anita Park on Oct. 4.
Saratoga, Wise Dan, Del Mar, Monmouth Park, Hastings, Woodbine, Europe & More! view slideshow
Northwest Farms' Stopshoppingdebbie remained undefeated in nine career starts after prevailing by a half-length over stablemate Goin to the Window Aug. 24 in the $65,000 Emerald Distaff at Emerald Downs.
Jim and Mona Hour's Stryker Phd, a 5-year-old Washington-bred gelding by Bertrando, is the 121-pound highweight and 5-2 morning-line favorite for the Aug. 24 Longacres Mile (gr. III)at Emerald Downs.
by John P. Sparkman
Curlin has not made the fastest start at stud with his first crop of 3-year-olds, but the victory of Palace Malice in the 145th Belmont Stakes June 8 gave him a first-crop classic winner.
Most Popular Stories
- BC Challenge a Lucrative Entry for Starters
- Can Calculator Figure in BC Juvenile?
- Breeders' Cup Features 201 Pre-Entered Horses
- California's Golden Eagle Farm Set to Close
- Tapit Filly Tops Record F-T October Sale
- Sherman Sees California Chrome Bouncing Back
- BC Classic: How Weak Are the Older Horses?
- Declaration of War Moving to Ashford Stud
- Queen's Plate Winner Lexie Lou in Autumn Miss
- Top 3-Year-Olds Abound in BC Classic