Led by a $260,000 Cherokee Run mare, the Keeneland November sale racked up more gains at Saturday's fifth session Nov. 9, and surpassed 2012's total gross with six days left in the auction.
Get Rich Quick, a stakes-winning son of Seeking the Gold sold as a stallion prospect, and a weanling colt by Ready's Image each brought $37,000 to top the 12th session of Keeneland's November breeding stock sale.
Three weanlings by Yes It's True each received top bids of $85,000 Tuesday, helping boost a resurgent Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. Fall Mixed Sale.
After setting a record gross last year, Fasig-Tipton Kentucky's December mixed sale rebounded in the number of horses bought back but fell drastically in gross, average, and median as the public auction market of 2003 comes to an end.
At $100,000, he was the least expensive Seattle Slew weanling sold at public auction last year. But this year, he's among the horses generating the biggest buzz at the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky July yearling sale, which starts Wednesday in Lexington.
Most Popular Stories
- Reach the World Euthanized After Training Injury
- Imperative Repeats in Charles Town Classic
- Collected Impresses Again in Californian
- Multiplier Steps Up His Game in Illinois Derby
- Call To Mind Delivers Late Birthday Gift to The Queen
- Cloud Computing to Bypass KY Derby, Point for Preakness
- Gormley Works Smartly at Santa Anita
- Twisted Tom Takes Sloppy Tesio
- Finest City, Songbird Drill Toward Spring Starts
- Trio Zips On OBS Spring Sale's Final Under Tack Day