Led by a $260,000 Cherokee Run mare, the Keeneland November sale racked up more gains at Saturday's fifth session Nov. 9, and surpassed 2012's total gross with six days left in the auction.
Get Rich Quick, a stakes-winning son of Seeking the Gold sold as a stallion prospect, and a weanling colt by Ready's Image each brought $37,000 to top the 12th session of Keeneland's November breeding stock sale.
Three weanlings by Yes It's True each received top bids of $85,000 Tuesday, helping boost a resurgent Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. Fall Mixed Sale.
After setting a record gross last year, Fasig-Tipton Kentucky's December mixed sale rebounded in the number of horses bought back but fell drastically in gross, average, and median as the public auction market of 2003 comes to an end.
At $100,000, he was the least expensive Seattle Slew weanling sold at public auction last year. But this year, he's among the horses generating the biggest buzz at the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky July yearling sale, which starts Wednesday in Lexington.
Most Popular Stories
- Phantom Dollars Flood Track's Double Pool
- How a Sire Line Develops
- Too Early to Gauge 'Brexit' Effect on Sales
- BHA Working on Strategies After 'Brexit' Vote
- Weather Impacts Churchill June 23 Program
- Legends: Joe Hirsch, Racing Ambassador
- Eutrophia to Reduce Thoroughbred Holdings
- Mohaymen Back to Work in New York
- Fairplex, Santa Anita House Evacuated Horses
- Thistledown to Lower Pick 5, Pick 4 Takeout