Weewinnin, emerging at the rail in the stretch, ran away from his rivals to win the $250,000 California Cup Turf Classic at 21-1 odds by 2 1/4 lengths at Santa Anita Park Jan. 25.
Summer Hit is the clear standout in a field of 14 entered for the $250,000 California Cup Turf Classic, one of three races for older horses included in the Sunshine Millions/California Cup lineup Jan. 25 at Santa Anita Park.
With 18 entrants, Del Mar will kick off its 73rd summer season with split divisions of the $100,000 Oceanside Stakes, the seaside track's traditional opening day feature.
After battling with favored Chips All In for the lead all the way around, Stoney Fleece overcame a two-length disadvantage at mid-stretch to get up in the final bob of the $75,000 Alcatraz Stakes on the turf at Golden Gate.
Chips All In will put his perfect turf record on the line when he faces six rivals in the $75,000 Alcatraz Stakes May 12 at Golden Gate Fields.
Willa B Awesome, upset winner of the Santa Anita Oaks (gr. I) last month, headlines the 2012 California Gold Rush at Betfair Hollywood Park April 28.
Stoney Fleece, closing with aplomb, won the $100,000 Generous Stakes (gr. IIIT) going away at Hollywood Park Nov. 27 for his first stakes victory.
Willcox Inn looks to wrap up his 2011 campaign with his first victory outside of Illinois when he squares off against a full field of 3-year-olds in the $250,000 Hollywood Derby (gr. I) Nov. 27.
Most Popular Stories
- McCarron Named New Trainer at Merryland Farm
- Baffert: Dortmund is 'Figuring it Out'
- Bill Would Allow Dealers at Indiana Racinos
- Churchill Weighs In on Its Racing Operations
- North Dakota May Owe Bankrupt ADW Millions
- Local Time Continues Meydan Dominance
- Horton Considers Rebel for Take Charge Brandi
- First Foal for Nephrite is Filly
- Greyhound 'Cessation' Bill Sends a Warning
- THS: Swale Stakes