Three graded stakes-placed fillies will be looking to claim the title of graded stakes winner Nov. 3 in the $250,000 Tempted Stakes (gr. III) at Aqueduct Racetrack.
Midnight Ballet became the first stakes winner for her sire, freshman sire Midnight Lute, and her dam, Buzz Song, in the $100,000 Sharp Cat Stakes Nov. 11.
There is plenty of international flavor in this year's Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf (gr. IT) with Watsdachances, Spring Venture, and Sky Lantern.
Spring Venture, trained by Mark Casse and ridden by Patrick Husbands, stayed unbeaten while prevailing under a hand ride Oct. 6 at Woodbine in the featured $205,361 Mazarine Stakes (Can-III).
Trainer Mark Casse won the $250,000 Natalma Stakes (gr. IIT) for the fourth time in the past seven years when his fillies Spring Venture and Spring in the Air ran first and second in the one-mile turf event at Woodbine.
Grade III winner Exfactor, a son of Exchange Rate, records his first workout at Fair Grounds Race Course and Slots since a disappointing 11th-place finish in the Jan. 21 Lecomte Stakes.
Popular New Jersey stallion Unbridled Jet died July 7 when he was struck by lightning at Kurt Sleeter's Sleeter Farm near Clementon, N.J.
Exfactor circled the field on the turn, took over at the top of the stretch, and ran away to a 2 3/4-length victory in the $111,500 Bashford Manor (gr. III), the first graded race for 2-year-olds males this season July 2.
Yes She Is sells for $240,000 on Keeneland January sale's fourth day.
Most Popular Stories
- Chrome Set for Pennsylvania Derby Return
- Which Game On Dude Will Show Up in Classic?
- Obviously Targets Del Mar Mile Three-Peat
- CHRB Amends Fee Scale for Losing Jockeys
- Shared Belief Favored in Pacific Classic
- Tapestry Upsets Taghrooda in Yorkshire Oaks
- Big Blue Kitten Back in Jersey's Cliff Hanger
- TVG to Have Enhanced Pacific Classic Coverage
- Champion Benny the Bull to Bridlewood in 2015
- Seaway Draws Well-Balanced Field of 11