Yearling fillies brought the three highest prices at the Fasig-Tipton Texas yearling and fall mixed sale Oct. 13 at Lone Star Park, with a Texas-bred daughter of Trappe Shot the top seller at $50,000.
Special Rate, who ranks among the top 10 stallions in Texas, has been moved to Sue Dowling's Stoneview Farm near Hempstead, Texas, for the 2014 breeding season.
Though somewhat erratic through the homestretch, Ranger Heartley held off odds-on choice Connemara to win the $100,000 California Derby by three-quarters of a length at Golden Gate Fields Jan. 16.
Naevus, the sire of 29 stakes winners and earners of more than $21 million, was euthanized Aug. 12 due to complications from laminitis.
Multiple stakes winner Chief Three Sox was represented by his first winner when his son Single Sox won May 1 at Lone Star Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Durkin to Receive Eclipse Award of Merit
- RCI Appoints Five to New Medication Board
- RMTC Plans Changes but No Merger with RCI
- Date Announced for Second CBA Symposium
- Heleringer Resigns as KEEP Executive Director
- That Handicapping Show: Los Alamitos Futurity
- EquiLottery, AmTote in Strategic Relationship
- Trainer Wells Pleads Guilty to Rigging Races
- Baffert Seeks 7th Futurity Win with Dortmund
- Red Pollard Seabiscuit Saddle to be Auctioned