Yearling fillies brought the three highest prices at the Fasig-Tipton Texas yearling and fall mixed sale Oct. 13 at Lone Star Park, with a Texas-bred daughter of Trappe Shot the top seller at $50,000.
Special Rate, who ranks among the top 10 stallions in Texas, has been moved to Sue Dowling's Stoneview Farm near Hempstead, Texas, for the 2014 breeding season.
Though somewhat erratic through the homestretch, Ranger Heartley held off odds-on choice Connemara to win the $100,000 California Derby by three-quarters of a length at Golden Gate Fields Jan. 16.
Naevus, the sire of 29 stakes winners and earners of more than $21 million, was euthanized Aug. 12 due to complications from laminitis.
Multiple stakes winner Chief Three Sox was represented by his first winner when his son Single Sox won May 1 at Lone Star Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Euros Inside and Out After Japan Cup Draw
- Blueskiesnrainbows Among 7 for Native Diver
- Chrome to Go for the Green in Hollywood Derby
- Secret Circle, Itsmyluckyday in Cigar Mile
- Churchill Proposes Derby Bet on Winning Sire
- Cary Street Leads 11 in Hawthorne Gold Cup
- Derby Winners Have Enjoyed Turf Success
- Lord Nelson Could Rule Kentucky Jockey Club
- Speedy Cassatt Dusts Rivals in Zia Park Oaks
- Maryland Jockey Club Focus on Daily Product