Yearling fillies brought the three highest prices at the Fasig-Tipton Texas yearling and fall mixed sale Oct. 13 at Lone Star Park, with a Texas-bred daughter of Trappe Shot the top seller at $50,000.
Special Rate, who ranks among the top 10 stallions in Texas, has been moved to Sue Dowling's Stoneview Farm near Hempstead, Texas, for the 2014 breeding season.
Though somewhat erratic through the homestretch, Ranger Heartley held off odds-on choice Connemara to win the $100,000 California Derby by three-quarters of a length at Golden Gate Fields Jan. 16.
Naevus, the sire of 29 stakes winners and earners of more than $21 million, was euthanized Aug. 12 due to complications from laminitis.
Multiple stakes winner Chief Three Sox was represented by his first winner when his son Single Sox won May 1 at Lone Star Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- A Derby Rookie's First Churchill Morning
- Nyquist Ships to Churchill Day After Work
- Uncle Lino Game in California Chrome Stakes
- Toews On Ice Glides to William Walker Win
- Exaggerator Works for Kentucky Derby Bid
- Dettori Strikes With 'Gold' in 2000 Guineas
- Danzing Candy Logs Final Derby Breeze
- Alert Bay Holds Tough in San Francisco Mile
- Ward Sends Three Fillies in Kentucky Juvenile