Stanford is back for a repeat bid in the $1.25 million Charles Town Classic (G2).
A filly by Tapit -- Silver Wolf sells to agents Alex Solis II and Jason Litt for a record $1.9 million April 22 at the OBS Spring sale of 2-year-olds in training.
Undefeated champion My Miss Aurelia, among the favorites for the Breeders' Cup Ladies' Classic (gr. I), breezed a half-mile in :48 at Santa Anita Oct. 28 in preparation for her Nov. 2 World Championships race.
A strapping gray or roan colt by Tapit was bought for $700,000 by Stonestreet Thoroughbreds to top the second session of the Keeneland September yearling sale Sept. 11.
Led by the $122,000 given for a half-sister to grade II winner Dream Rush, the Sept. 24 session of the 2007 Keeneland September yearling sale again produced lofty percentage increases over the corresponding 2006 session.
Most Popular Stories
- Grade 1 Winner, Sire Devil His Due Dies at 28
- Desormeaux Switches Agents to Arroyo
- Cloud Computing Leaves Pimlico, Others Thinking Belmont
- Cloud Computing Wears Down Classic Empire in Preakness
- Into Mischief Filly Tops Early at Midlantic Sale
- Hips to Watch: Day 2 Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Sale
- Trainer Richie Scherer Dies at Age 53
- Speedy Smart Strike Filly Brings $525,000
- Smart Strike Filly Leads the Way at Midlantic Sale
- Jimmy Creed Filly Pride of Endswell's Consignment