Stanford is back for a repeat bid in the $1.25 million Charles Town Classic (G2).
A filly by Tapit -- Silver Wolf sells to agents Alex Solis II and Jason Litt for a record $1.9 million April 22 at the OBS Spring sale of 2-year-olds in training.
Undefeated champion My Miss Aurelia, among the favorites for the Breeders' Cup Ladies' Classic (gr. I), breezed a half-mile in :48 at Santa Anita Oct. 28 in preparation for her Nov. 2 World Championships race.
A strapping gray or roan colt by Tapit was bought for $700,000 by Stonestreet Thoroughbreds to top the second session of the Keeneland September yearling sale Sept. 11.
Led by the $122,000 given for a half-sister to grade II winner Dream Rush, the Sept. 24 session of the 2007 Keeneland September yearling sale again produced lofty percentage increases over the corresponding 2006 session.
Most Popular Stories
- Multiple Grade 1 Winner I'm a Chatterbox Retired
- Private Zone Retired to Old Friends
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - April 25, 2017
- Derby, Oaks Notes, from Churchill Downs, April 25
- McCraken Finishes Strong in Five-Furlong Move
- Romans Mulling Rider Options for J Boys Echo
- Three Chimneys Strikes Early for Orb Colt at $685,000
- Orb Colt Grew Up, Brought $685,000 at OBS
- Albarado Fractures Lower Leg, Off J Boys Echo in Derby
- Creative Cause Filly Sells for $575,000