California vintner Jess Jackson, through his Stonestreet Stables, purchased a colt by Distorted Humor for $600,000 during Tuesday's second session of the three-day Fasig-Tipton Kentucky Fall Yearling Sale at Newtown Paddocks in Lexington.
A son of leading freshman sire Songandaprayer topped Wednesday's third and final session of the Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Eastern fall yearling at Timonium, Md., helping the sales company realize increases in gross, average, and the number of horses sold.
An Unbridled's Song colt sold for $950,000 Wednesday early during the third session of the Keeneland September yearling sale. Stonestreet Stable, owned by Kendall-Jackson winery founder Jess Jackson was the buyer. Taylor Made Sales Agency consigned the colt as agent.
Forest Music, making her first start for Jess Jackson's Stonestreet Stables and trainer Steve Asmussen, took early command of the Honorable Miss Handicap (gr. II) at Saratoga Friday afternoon and never let go, cruising to a two-length victory. The win marked a milestone for trainer Steve Asmussen's career: win number 3,000.
Del Mar racing fans will get their usual double dose of stakes action as the seaside track opens its 66th season Wednesday with two divisions of the Oceanside Stakes, the perennial opening-day feature for 3-year-olds going a mile on the Jimmy Durante Turf Course.
Most Popular Stories
- Ken Ramsey on Kitten's Joy
- Stallion Monba Represented by First Winner
- Santa Anita Reducing Takeout on Daily Double
- Calder Releases 2014 Partial Stakes Schedule
- De La Cruz Soars at Tampa Bay With 4-Bagger
- TimeformUS: The Hollywood Park Swan Song
- King Kamehameha Son Dominates in Hong Kong
- No Deal Yet on Will Take Charge, Horton Says
- Cibelli Wins Her First Race After 60-Day Ban
- City Wolf Joins Roster at Pleasant Acres