Book Three of the Keeneland September Yearling Sale opened with significant improvement in all key indices over 2010 figures, with the gross rising 24%.
Winless since August, 2009 and dismissed at 15-1 against an accomplished field, Kensei sprung a big upset in the $200,000 Salvator Mile (gr. III) when he came from off the pace under Edgar Prado to win July 2 at Monmouth Park
Beaten in the final jump during his stakes debut in his last start, Dominus was not to be caught this time, as he took the field wire-to-wire to win the $150,000 Dwyer (gr. II) July 2 at Belmont Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Exaggerator to Rest at WinStar
- Hill Specialist Ambitious Brew Takes Eddie D.
- Postponed Clear Favorite in Arc de Triomphe
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Tepin Works Half-Mile at Saratoga
- Charlton’s Abbotts Retiring on Own Terms
- Champion Hidden Lake Dies at 23
- NYRA Sanctioned for Aqueduct Water Pollution
- Suffolk Downs Applies for Six 2017 Race Dates
- New Santa Anita Turf Course Passes First Test