Book Three of the Keeneland September Yearling Sale opened with significant improvement in all key indices over 2010 figures, with the gross rising 24%.
Winless since August, 2009 and dismissed at 15-1 against an accomplished field, Kensei sprung a big upset in the $200,000 Salvator Mile (gr. III) when he came from off the pace under Edgar Prado to win July 2 at Monmouth Park
Beaten in the final jump during his stakes debut in his last start, Dominus was not to be caught this time, as he took the field wire-to-wire to win the $150,000 Dwyer (gr. II) July 2 at Belmont Park.
Most Popular Stories
- CHRB Gets Update as Moving Day Draws Closer
- Outstanding Field Set for CashCall Futurity
- Normandy Invasion, Itsmyluckyday Return
- Slideshow: New Sires of 2014
- Solid Field Drawn for Springboard Mile Stakes
- Barbaro Brother Lentenor to Stand in Indiana
- Preakness Purse Increased to $1.5M in 2014
- Marathon Valedictory Closes Out Woodbine Meet
- Northern California Race Dates Approved
- Longshot Proves First Winner for Tippity Tap