Book Three of the Keeneland September Yearling Sale opened with significant improvement in all key indices over 2010 figures, with the gross rising 24%.
Winless since August, 2009 and dismissed at 15-1 against an accomplished field, Kensei sprung a big upset in the $200,000 Salvator Mile (gr. III) when he came from off the pace under Edgar Prado to win July 2 at Monmouth Park
Beaten in the final jump during his stakes debut in his last start, Dominus was not to be caught this time, as he took the field wire-to-wire to win the $150,000 Dwyer (gr. II) July 2 at Belmont Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Mike Mitchell to Step Down as Head Trainer
- Harlan's Holiday Colt Posts Swiftest OBS Work
- Key Owners, Trainers to Publicize Vet Records
- Take Charge Lady Kentucky Broodmare of Year
- Quality Road's First Starter Scores Easy Win
- Daring Dancer Wins Appalachian With Key Move
- Ky Derby: Form, Pedigree, Speed, & Red Flags
- European Mark Smashed Again at Tattersalls
- Injury Knocks Constitution Off Derby Trail
- Strait of Mewsina Sires First Foal