With a berth in the $1 million Breeders' Cup Marathon on the line, Abdul Rahman Al Jasmi Racing's Alcomo will try to defend his title in the $250,000 Greenwood Cup July 17 at Philadelphia Park Casino & Racetrack.
Brazilian-bred Alcomo got up in the final jump to nip hard-luck pacesetter Gabriel's Hill by a nose in the $200,000 Brooklyn Handicap (gr. II) June 4 at Belmont Park.
Edward P. Evans' homebred American Dance, installed as the lukewarm 3-1 morning line favorite for the June 4 Brooklyn Handicap (gr. II), will face stiff challenges from stablemate Tiger's Rock and Eldaafer.
Mambo Meister, second in last year's Miami Mile Handicap (gr. IIIT), is back for the opening-day feature at Calder Casino & Race Course April 25, where he will face Sunshine Millions Turf winner Jet Propulsion.
- By Esther Marr
After several months, members of the Delaware Thoroughbred Racing Commission have upheld the decision of Delaware Park stewards to suspend and fine trainer Larry Jones because of an incident this spring in which his horse, Stones River, tested positive for clenbuterol.
All eyes will be on reigning Horse of the Year Curlin as he takes aim at Cigar's all-time earnings record in the $750,000 Jockey Club Gold Cup Invitational (gr. I) Sept. 27 at Belmont Park.
- By Ron Mitchell
Trainer Larry Jones has appealed a seven-day suspension and $500 fine levied by the stewards at Delaware Park in connection with the highly-publicized case in which the horse Stones River tested positive for the prohibited substance Clenbuterol.
Jim Squires, the owner of Two Bucks Stable, has issued a statement that he will fight a positive test for Clenbuterol at Delaware Park.
Most Popular Stories
- A Look Back at Gallant Fox's Arlington Classic
- Lady Eli Brings Her Class to Gamely
- Midnight Storm Seeks Grade 1 Dirt Win in Gold Cup
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- CHRB Discusses Creating Single California Circuit
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement
- Asmussen Earns $50,000 Preakness Weekend Bonus
- The Greatest Performance No One Has Seen
- Enola Gray, Illuminant Look Strong in Monrovia Field
- Curlin Colt Sets Midlantic Record at $1.5 Million