lliquidity moved into contention while wide on the second turn and swept to the lead in the stretch to win the $176,100 Cardinal Handicap (gr. IIIT) by a half-length Saturday at Churchill Downs.
Graded stakes winner Truluck has been retired from racing and will begin his stallion career at Sue Dowling's Stoneview Farm near Hempstead, Texas, for $2,500 live foal.
Stonerside Stable has purchased Prix d'Aumale (Fr-III) winner Green Minstrel. The 2-year-old filly will be shipped in early November to the United States, where she will be trained by Neil Drysdale.
Tout Charmant took the lead on the backstretch and held off 1-2 favorite Perfect Sting to win the $554,000 WinStar Galaxy Stakes (gr. IIIT) by 1 1/4 lengths Friday at Keeneland. Under jockey Chris McCarron, Tout Charmant completed the 1 3/16 miles in 1:54.74 while racing over firm turf.
Caffe Latte rallied through the stretch down the center of the Del Mar turf course to win Saturday's $400,000 Ramona Handicap (gr. IT) by 1 1/4 lengths over Tout Charmant in stakes record time of 1:47.16, just 2/5 of a second off the course record.
Juvenile filly champion Chilukki led at every call on the way to a 1 1/4-length victory in a 6 1/2-furlong allowance race at Saratoga Friday.
The Bill Mott trainee Idle Rich will attempt to repeat her victory in last year's Glens Falls Handicap (gr. IIIT) when she is faced by eight rivals in the 2000 renewal of the 1 3/8-mile turf race at Saratoga on Friday.
Stonerside Stable's Chilukki will start from post position one when she opposes 10 other 3-year-old fillies in the $250,000 Test Stakes Saturday at Saratoga.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Looking to Retain His Throne
- Big Three Clash in Rich Travers Stakes
- Champion English Channel Relocates to Calumet
- Wise Dan to Make Return in Bernard Baruch
- Storm and a Half to Stand in Iowa
- Tiz Wonderful Colt Sells for OKC Sale Record
- Unbeaten Taghrooda Heads Yorkshire Oaks
- Consignors Provide Keeneland Showing Schedule
- Haskin's Top Sprinters of the Last 50 Years
- New Mexico Owner/Breeder Danley Dies