Stonehaven Steadings has announced Jamie Corbett has joined the company to focus on several areas, including business development as well as running a new division supporting existing and new horse owners.
Shanghai Bobby, the champion 2-year-old male of 2012, made his first start off the layoff a winning one Sept. 20 in the 6 1/2-furlong Aljamin overnight stakes at Belmont Park.
Anyone who remembers the "old" days no doubt took great joy in seeing Shanghai Bobby win the Hopeful and Champagne stakes, arguably the two most prestigious 2-year-old stakes prior to the advent of the Breeders' Cup.
Undefeated Shanghai Bobby wrapped up an Eclipse Award Nov. 3 with a gutty head victory over 19-1 outsider He's Had Enough in the $2 million Grey Goose Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I) Nov. 3 at Santa Anita Park.
The connections of Ireland's Coolmore Stud have purchased a 50% interest in multiple graded stakes winner Shanghai Bobby, installed as the 2-1 morning line favorite for the Nov. 3 Grey Goose Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I).
The standout among this year's juvenile males will likely shine at the Breeders' Cup. His pedigree, however, raises questions about his stamina when it comes to next year's classics.
Undefeated Shanghai Bobby, the only stakes winner in this year's $400,000 Champagne Stakes (gr. I), shook loose of pacesetter Goldencents rounding the bend and romped to victory Oct. 6 at Belmont Park.
Undefeated Shanghai Bobby used a stalking trip on the outside under Rosie Napravnik before pouring it on in the homestretch to capture the $400,000 Three Chimneys Hopeful Stakes (gr. II) on closing day Sept. 3 at Saratoga.
Wasted Tears, trainer Bart Evans' homebred grade II winner, has been retired from racing to become a broodmare.
Most Popular Stories
- Baffert Still Aiming Arrogate for Pacific Classic
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Gutsy Move Gets Abel Tasman CCA Oaks Win
- Lady Eli Runs 'One of Her Greatest Races to Date'
- Madam Dancealot Closes From Last to Win San Clemente
- Gun Runner Posts Bullet in Breeze for Whitney
- Girvin Has Final Work Ahead of Haskell
- Glamanation First Stakes Winner for Point of Entry
- Brown in High Spirits After Three Saratoga Wins
- Lady Eli’s Amazing Story Continues