Robert Courtney Jr., who worked as an integral part of the Crestfield Farm team for 31 years, will continue raising and selling Thoroughbreds at his 195-acre Stonebridge Farm near Lexington.
Robert E. Courtney sold his final horse as a consignor at Keeneland Wednesday.
- By Tom Precious
Jeffrey Tucker, a New York breeder, has been named chairman of the fledgling Empire Racing Associates, a group of horsemen and breeders trying to position itself to be among the holders of a new Thoroughbred racing franchise in New York.
Most Popular Stories
- Semper Fortis Takes Ralis' Spot in Pegasus World Cup
- Gun Runner Likely Out of Pegasus World Cup
- Keen Ice to Calumet Upon Retirement
- California Chrome Again Horse of the Year
- Tepin Gets Serious in Latest Work
- Suddenbreakingnews Set to Return at Oaklawn
- Shaman Ghost Works Bullet in Pegasus Prep
- OBS to Offer Experienced Racehorses, Yearlings, Mares
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- Sherman Staying in the Moment With California Chrome