Robert Courtney Jr., who worked as an integral part of the Crestfield Farm team for 31 years, will continue raising and selling Thoroughbreds at his 195-acre Stonebridge Farm near Lexington.
Robert E. Courtney sold his final horse as a consignor at Keeneland Wednesday.
Jeffrey Tucker, a New York breeder, has been named chairman of the fledgling Empire Racing Associates, a group of horsemen and breeders trying to position itself to be among the holders of a new Thoroughbred racing franchise in New York.
Most Popular Stories
- Winning Crown Connections Feel It's Time
- American Pharoah Impressive in Workout
- 2-Year-Olds Prep for Barretts Del Mar Sale
- War Story to Skip Belmont, Head to Ohio Derby
- Untapable Works Toward Ogden Phipps Stakes
- American Pharoah 'Went Great' in Slop at CD
- NBC Sports Commentators on 'Night School'
- NY Begins Weekly Track Information Reports
- KEDRC Makes Cobalt Policy Recommendation
- 'Win and You're In' Spot for Ordak Dan