Consignor Nursery Place had a good end to day three of the Keeneland November breeding stock sale when Hip 842, a War Front colt out of the Grindstone mare Stone Hope, sold for $850,000 to top the session Nov. 6.
Hip 842, the only War Front weanling in session 3, consigned by Nursery Place. This colt, out of Stone Hope, by Grindstone, is a half brother to stakes winner Street Life. Watch Video
Street Life earned street cred at Saratoga Race Course July 27, punching his ticket to the Aug. 25 Travers Stakes (gr. I) by taking the $100,000 Curlin Stakes for Magnolia Racing Stable and Hidden Brook Farm.
Marathon Farm got a bargain when they bought Stone Hope, the dam of Belmont Stakes contender Street Life, for $25,000 in January.
Most Popular Stories
- Finest City Entered for 2017 Debut in Santa Monica
- Uncle Lino Back to Work at Santa Anita
- Southwest the Next Target for Uncontested
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- Dr. Zic Among 36 Added to Fasig-Tipton Winter Mixed
- Strong Racing Stable Has Oxley Looking Forward
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- Sunshine Millions Cuts After FTBOA Withholds Payment
- Eclipse Awards to be Televised on TVG2
- A Closer Look at Smarty Jones Winner Uncontested