It was more than business as usual as the California summer fair racing season commenced its annual run in the northern half of the state on June 18.
The total amount of money wagered on races at the recently concluded 10-day San Joaquin County Fair meet at Stockton, Calif. increased 10% to a record $16.95 million, officials reported.
Black Ruby, Mule racing's version of the Energizer Bunny, won the 43rd of her career in her 49th start June 23 at the San Joaquin County Fair in Stockton, Calif. The 10-year-old queen of racing Mules has now banked more than $140,000 in her career.
Most Popular Stories
- Wise Dan Cleared to Resume Full Training
- Dept. of Labor Files Suit Against Asmussen
- Summer Select Sales Guide: In the Details
- British Steeplechaser Kauto Star Euthanized
- Crown Champ American Pharoah Returns to Work
- Zindaya Stretches Out in Perfect Sting Stakes
- Bill Lets New York OTBs Use Capital Funds
- E Dubai Filly Top Pick at MD Yearling Show
- Presque Isle Asks State for Guidance on Deer
- Casse Eyes Second Straight Queen's Plate Win