Despite multiple members expressing frustration with the way the process was handled, the California Horse Racing Board approved a reallocation of dates within the Northern California fair circuit April 21 during a meeting at Golden Gate Fields.
California-based freshman sire Run Brother Ron saw his first winner Sept. 18 when Gunslinger Rules drew off in the stretch to score a five-length victory in a maiden claiming race at Stockton (San Joaquin Fair).
It was more than business as usual as the California summer fair racing season commenced its annual run in the northern half of the state on June 18.
The total amount of money wagered on races at the recently concluded 10-day San Joaquin County Fair meet at Stockton, Calif. increased 10% to a record $16.95 million, officials reported.
Black Ruby, Mule racing's version of the Energizer Bunny, won the 43rd of her career in her 49th start June 23 at the San Joaquin County Fair in Stockton, Calif. The 10-year-old queen of racing Mules has now banked more than $140,000 in her career.
Most Popular Stories
- Lane's End Texas Closes, Stallions Relocate
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- Stonestreet: Rachel's Valentina Retired
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- 'Chrome' Back to Los Al After San Diego Win
- Parx Cancels Given Excessive Heat Warning
- Beholder Work Moved After Del Mar Breakdowns
- Nyquist Logs Final Work for Haskell
- Hard Aces Too Tough in Cougar II
- Beholder Brilliant in Del Mar Breeze