It was more than business as usual as the California summer fair racing season commenced its annual run in the northern half of the state on June 18.
The total amount of money wagered on races at the recently concluded 10-day San Joaquin County Fair meet at Stockton, Calif. increased 10% to a record $16.95 million, officials reported.
Black Ruby, Mule racing's version of the Energizer Bunny, won the 43rd of her career in her 49th start June 23 at the San Joaquin County Fair in Stockton, Calif. The 10-year-old queen of racing Mules has now banked more than $140,000 in her career.
Most Popular Stories
- Honor Code: A.P. Indy's Last Derby Hope
- After Market Purchased to Stand in Turkey
- Turfway to Increase Stakes, Allowance Purses
- Moment of the Year Voting Now Open
- Novak at the Track: Road to Derby Retrospect
- Barretts January Sale Catalog Now Online
- TimeformUS: Saturday Plays
- CHRB Gets Update as Moving Day Draws Closer
- Outstanding Field Set for CashCall Futurity
- Barbaro Brother Lentenor to Stand in Indiana