The Lumber Guy enjoyed the cutback to a mile in the $200,000 Jerome (gr. II), as he fended off pressure all the way around the track to score by 2 3/4 lengths April 21 at Aqueduct Racetrack.
The Jerome drew a field of seven, four of them entering off failed Derby prep efforts. Trainer Bob Baffert, a two-time winner of this event, will send out of a pair including Sunland Derby third-place finisher Stirred Up.
Florida Derby (gr. I) runner-up Reveron is the top name among 49 horses nominated to $200,000 Coolmore Lexington (gr. III) at Keeneland April 21.
Daddy Nose Best proved his versatility once again when he ran down local hope Isn't He Clever in the final strides to claim the $800,000 Sunland Derby (gr. III) in New Mexico March 25.
One need only scan the names of multiple Eclipse Award-winning trainers Bob Baffert, Todd Pletcher, and Steve Asmussen to realize that in 2012, New Mexico's $800,000 Sunland Derby (gr. III) has come of age.
Most Popular Stories
- Top Stallion Street Cry Dead at Age 16
- HRRN Programming on New SiriusXM Channels
- Is PA Derby Best Spot for 'Chrome'?
- Keeneland September Sale Sees More Gains
- No Dice for Massachusetts Racing, Breeding
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- California Chrome Arrives at Parx Racing
- What's Going On Here: Solid at the Core
- Injury Forces Sea The Moon's Retirement
- Suffolk Downs Loses Casino Bid on 3-1 Vote