Moving forward with its initiative to significantly change the structure of drug testing in U.S. horse racing, the Racing Medication and Testing Consortium (RMTC) board of directors has approved the formation of a committee to oversee the implementation of the Drug Testing Initiative (DTI) Task Force recommendations on quality assurance and laboratory accreditation programs for U.S. horse racing drug testing laboratories.
The National Horsemen's Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association, given the results of a recent study, has suggested research into medication thresholds and withdrawal times be performed using horses in training.
- By Tom LaMarra
The Florida Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association has tabled a decision as to whether it would remain a member of the National HBPA in light of a bylaws hitch and other matters.
- By Scott Davis
Tampa Bay Downs has signed a reciprocal simulcast deal with Gulfstream Park even though horsemen's groups outside Florida are trying to block distribution of the Tampa track's signal. Horsemen in Texas and Kentucky are battling with Tampa Bay Downs over what they see as mistreatment of the local horsemen's group.
Most Popular Stories
- China Horse Club Buys into California Chrome
- Nobiz Like Shobiz Settling in at Old Friends
- Stellar Wind Works in Company for Distaff
- Frosted Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Quidura Reigns for Motion in Valley View
- Report: Dips in Stallion, Mares-Bred Numbers
- Beholder Blazes in Breeders' Cup Drill
- 'Stubborn' Runhappy Works a Mile at Keeneland
- Mr. Nightlinger Moved to Mighty Acres
- Court Rules Borells Have No Claim on Horses